Chapter Six

"So, my mother jumped off the balcony, hit the trampoline, and landed in the pool," Kevin states. I laugh as he tells me a story of the last time his mother was drinking.

"How much did your mother drink?" I ask. He shrugs and a goofy grin takes control of his face.

"There really is no telling. She gets pretty crazy when she drinks. We haven't let her have another one since," he says. I smile as we walk through the palace halls, not really knowing where to go.

"Well, it's much more interesting than any of my stories," I challenge.

"You have to have something," he says. I don't reply. We walk in silence as I think about any funny stories. Then, one finally pops into my mind.

"Well, my parents are normally very funny people. But, when the Italians are here it is a completely different story," I explain. He nods and leads me over to a bench next to the door to the library.

"And how so? I know they are one of the country's closest allies but they seem very proper," he states with raised eyebrows.

"Well, television defiantly shows a completely different side of people," I state.

"So, please explain this story of the Italians and your parents he says. I nod.

"So, my mother has been very good friends with them since her selection. One day, my mother was hosting a reception and they got my mother to drink too much. They all were heavily intoxicated. They got up on one of the tables and began dancing around and, well, I'll just say we were lucky no men were there," I say. A deep laugh escapes his mouth and a gentle smile finds its way to my face.

"Well, I must say that I didn't expect that. It is quite interesting," he says. We walk around the palace for a little while longer, exchanging stories. After at least an hour, we part ways.

As I walk down the hall, I hear music playing. A beautiful song played on the piano moves through the air. I begin to walk towards the source and I see it goes down a different hallway. I turn down the hallway and take a few steps before bing stopped.

"Good afternoon, Princess Celia. Care to take a walk?" a familiar voice says behind me. I turn to face Ethan. He sports a grin that makes you know you're in trouble but you still accept.

"I would be glad to but first do you know who is playing that music," I ask. He shakes his with an uncomfortable look on his face.

"No, they are really good," he says. He takes my arm and leaves me down the main hallway. I take one last look at the side hallway wishing I knew who it was.
Hi everyone! I'm sorry that this is such a short chapter! I didn't know what to put in it, though. Please don't be mad. I will try to update again tonight but no promises! Please comment and vote!

Disclaimer: The talented Kiera Cass own the Selection, not me.