Two Years Ago

Two Years Ago.

Anna

"He was literally putting holes in your head with his eyes," Fiona says.

"Who?" I frown.

"Lyn," she whines. "I told you. It's that really cute guy that sits in the back."

"And what am I supposed to do about it?" I put my Geography textbook in the locker, resisting the urge to throw the textbook on the floor and stepping on it. I hate Geography so much.

"Move it or lose it. You might start dating, grow up and have babies. Talk to him," she says.

"You should take your own advice," I smile, cheekily.

"Are you kidding me? No way," she shakes her head frantically. "We're talking about Luke Carter here. There's no freaking way am I just gonna go up to him and start a conversation."

"Why not?" I close my locker and lean against it.

"Have you met me, Anna? I respond with a 'Merry Christmas' when someone compliments me," she groans, slamming her head against the locker and I'm worried that she's gonna faint, but she just keeps her head there.

"It's a normal conversation. Just think of him as any other person and talk about what you like. Get to know him. You can do it, Fio," I tell her.

"But he isn't any other person," she pushes herself off of the locker and turns to me. "He's Luke Carter. He's literally the definition of 'hot dude that has the entire female population running after him because he's so gorgeous', well...the entire female population except you."

"I never said that," I sing.

"So you do find him gorgeous? I'm not crazy."

"You said that the entire female population does," I raise an eyebrow.

"I meant, me, Anna. Catch up."

"You're the entire female population?"

"I should be," she shrugs and I laugh, then her eyes go to something behind me and she beams.

"There he is."

"Luke?" I question.

"No. The cute guy that was looking at you. Look," she points behind me secretively.

I turn my head around to look at the guy she has been talking about. He stands by his locker, shoving things in it with a small frown on his face. His golden blonde hair is in a swept back style and I notice the twinkling of the chestnut color of his eyes. His skin is of a golden bronze color and he has a sharp jaw that's almost gleaming from his tan and the light. He has that gorgeous surfer guy's look. He's definitely a sight to be blessed by.

"He's cute, right?" Fiona asks.

"Yeah, I guess."

"Go talk to him." She pushes me forward.

"What? I-"

"Go," she points foward.

"Fine," I roll my eyes at her persistence, then I walk up to the guy and tap his shoulder. He turns around so fast that he hits his head against the locker door.

My eyes widen. "Oh, my God. I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to! Are you okay?" I step closer, so I could check his head.

"I'm fi-" he pauses when his eyes fall me. "Holy shit, you're even more beautiful up close." He blurts out and I raise my eyebrows with a small smile, then his face morphs into realization of what he just said.