Chapter 6

Fifteen days have passed and my katana is still not here. Kanae got her katana yesterday and started her career as Demon Slayer. I hope my katana is already done. If I don't get my katana today, I will take the katana I used in the exam.

After my sleepover in the Flower branch, I was shown the way back to my own. Jigoro scolded me when I arrived. He thought I died and cried. At least that's what the Thunder branch helpers told me.

During those fifteen days, I have been honing my sword skill and styles. Nothing special happened. Just the usual routine of training, food, and sleep. A bath included, of course.

"Oi, Shin! Your katana is here!" Jigoro shouted. Next to him was a masked man wearing a large woven hat. In the masked man's hands was a katana. A simple katana in its black sheath. The guard was in circular form and yellow in color, I think. I can't see well but the handle is purple.

I stopped swinging the training katana I took from the warehouse and walked towards the masked man.

"This person is?" I asked Jigoro.

"He is from the Swordsmith Village and he is the man who made your katana." he answered. I meant his name but whatever. So this person made my katana. His Oni mask looks kind of funny.

He gave me the katana and left without saying anything. Huh? That's it? Nothing to say about the katana or me?

"Sorry, he doesn't speak that much. Only when it's necessary." Jigoro said as he patted my back. Oh... I see... I almost got hurt when he left without saying anything.

I grabbed the hilt of my katana and pulled it out. The blade's color was grey like it normally would be and it didn't change in any colors.

Huh? No colors? What the heck!?!? I looked at the surprised Jigoro and demanded answers.

"Why is my katana still grey?"

"I... have completely no idea..." Jigoro answered with a surprised tone. Hah... And I wanted a colorful katana... I feel less special with a normal colored katana.

While I was feeling sad, I could hear a crow's crying. I looked up and saw my Kasugai Crow flying towards me. It landed again on my head again. I don't think I can change this stupid birds mind about my head so I will leave it there.

"Emergency! Emergency! Kochou Kanae is in danger!" the crow shouted. Kanae is in danger!? I have to go now!

I sheathed my katana and ran down the mountain while grabbing the crow from my head.

"Show the way while I run. NOW!" I ordered the crow as I activated my God Speed. Since I was grabbing the crow, it could see my point of view when I activate God Speed.

The crow didn't say anything and showed the way by turning its head towards the location. Just like a compass. I better hurry up and help Kanae.

=====

A random town. Not very big nor very small. It would have taken half a day if I didn't use God Speed.

"Oi, bird. Where is my sister?" I asked the crow as I ran around the town. Please tell me she is nearby.

The crow struggled in my hold until I let go of it. It pecked me on the head and got my attention.

"Not here! There!" the crow shouted and flew outside the town. I followed the crow and soon I saw a cave. So Kanae is trapped inside a cave.

"Inside the cave!" the crow shouted again and I raised my speed. I arrived to the cave entrance first but I couldn't get inside. The entrance was filled with boulders.