Chapter 28:

Chanel

"You off work yet?" Kjayy asked over the phone as I started my car.

"Mhmm." I mumbled while sipping my drank through the straw.

"What you drinking? It better not be no damn coffee either because I know you love that nasty shit."

"It's a strawberry smoothie. Thank you very much."

"Yeah ard. Come thru the shop real quick."

"No, I wanna go take a shower and get in bed. I'm still in my uniform and I wanna get out of it."

"So? Just come see me real quick. I gotta do a big piece soon and it's gonna take a couple of hours so I ain't gonna make you stay long."

"Fine Kody." I sighed.

*

"Where you going?" I asked Kaine as he walked out of the shop past me looking mad typing on his phone.

"I'll be back." He mumbled. I watched him walk towards his truck.

"Yo quit fuckin playing with me!" He snapped into the phone before hopping in and speeding off.

"Ooookay." I mumbled before turning and heading into the shop.

"What's his problem?" I ask Kody as I walked in.

He shrugged. "Nigga crazy."

I rolled my eyes as I sat in his lap.

"I missed you." He said as he buried his face into my neck.

"Stop." I giggled when he licked my neck. I felt him smile against my neck before he lifted his head to kiss me.

I placed my hand over his hand that was spread out protectively over my stomach. Ever since he found out a couple of days ago that I was pregnant that's what he always does. It's kind of awkward since I have no stomach, but I'ma let my baby do his thing. I'm 6 weeks and Karma is 8. Our babies are gonna be close.

I watched as Kjayy ate his bacon cheeseburger and fries.

"What?" He asked chuckling. I shook my head. "If you want some ask."

"Can I have a tiny bite?" I asked sweetly. He pushed his plate towards me as he dug into his pocket for his ringing phone.

He sucked his teeth. "I thought you said a tiny bite?" He asked after I took a big bite.

"That was tiny." I said covering my mouth still chewing.

"Bullshit. What's up Bc?" He answered the phone putting it on speaker so he could continue eating.

"Why ya sister so damn spoiled?" He asked. I laughed as Karma's voice came through the phone from the background talking shit. "She crazy dawg."

"Bc off my line lil bro." Kjayy said chuckling.

"Nah, I'm trying to see what's up with getting a tat tho. You got an opening?"

"In a couple hours."

"Ard." He said.

I yawned placing my face into Kjayy's neck.

"Hmm?" I mumbled when he tapped my leg.

"Come on so I can take you home."

"Hmm. Oh, no. I can take myself you have a tattoo to do soon." I said standing up.

"That can wait. Fuck I look like letting you drive ya self home when you can barely keep ya eyes open."

I shrugged in reply. He wrapped his arms around me and we headed out the shop. I waited for him to lock up before heading to the car.

*

As soon as I got home I got into the shower and bed just like I planned. Now it was 11 and I was going through the fridge. I decided to get a bowl of cereal since I didn't feel like making anything.

"You really eating cereal tho?" Kjayy asked as he came through the door.

"Yup." I said standing on my toes to kiss him.

I finished my cereal then walked into the living room to see he removed his shirt and sneakers. I straddled him wrapping my arms around his neck.

"You so damn clingy." He chuckled palming my ass.

"So? I just be missing my baby."

"It's coo."

"Let's go to bed." I said.

"You gonna take a shower with me first?"

"Just a shower?" I asked eyeing him.

He gave me a really face. "When is it ever just a shower with us in it?"

"That's because you got wandering hands."

"And these mothafuckas gonna stay wandering too." He tapped my thigh. "Let me up so I can grab a drink real quick."

"No." I said tightening my arms around his neck.

He sucked his teeth before standing up with me still in his arms, legs wrapped around his waist.

"Big ass baby I swear."