Panic.

A/N: This is an old draft. Sorry I haven't been updating as often, but school has just been super busy, along with other stuff. Okay that's all, enjoy. :))

Peter sat down on the couch, along with his new found family. It had been a year since May died.

Peter was doing fine. I mean, sometimes he had a strange feeling... like he was trapped somehow, but he figured it was nothing. He didn't have them too often...

They sat down to watch the movie.

Peter casually leaned into Tony, "What movie are we watching dad?"

"The Lorax I think." Tony said.

Peter stiffened up.He began to flash back to that moment. When May started, where she died.

The Lorax was on and he had left to get the popcorn. He heard some sort of groan from the other room and a thump. When he got back, May was dead.

No Peter, don't do this, your spiraling.

Peter gasped for air. He couldn't breath.

"Pete you okay."

His breathing was heavy. He could feel himself starting to sweat. If he was breathing so hard why did it feel like he couldn't breath?

He flashed back to May laying on the floor, growing cold.

Peter felt like something bad was about to happen.

But he couldn't figure out what. Something bad was going to happen. He felt the pressure of fixing it drowning him.

He gripped on to the couch so hard his knuckles became white.

His brain was spinning with panic.

I can't.

I don't know.

Why does it feel like I'm dying.

I'm stuck.

Peter started to cry. He started to sob as he gasped for air.

The avengers in the room by now had stopped what they were doing to look at Peter.

They had left the TV on playing, which didn't help.

They didn't know what to do or what was going on.

Tony didn't know what was happening. "Peter? Peter talk to me! Are you okay?!"

That didn't help either.

The tears couldn't stop. He could barely talk he was crying so hard.

Every chance he got to take a breath he breathed in to hard, causing him to let out small coughs through his tears.

The panic flooded him, so he couldn't even seem to move.

"Peter! You have to tell me how I can help you!" Tony said, concern increasing.

Peter couldn't say anything through the tears and panicked gasps.

I can't do this.

I can't do this.

"I can't do this." Peter sobbed out. He couldn't. He was always thinking about if it happened again. It could happen to anyone. May was perfectly healthy. Their apartment was perfectly safe. The plane was like any other plane.

And tonight could be like any other night.

"I can't! I can't do this!"

Tony finally connected the dots. He knew when and how May died. He quickly turned off the tv.

"Pete, shhh, it's okay, your okay."

The panic wouldn't stop.

Was he dying?!

Why can't he breath?!!

Why was everything so loud?

"Peter. Just breath. Your okay. Focus on my voice- Someone turn off the tv!"

Natasha turned it off quickly.

Peter started to calm down. Now only his thoughts haunted him. His eyes stayed wide and scared, but his breathing evened and he untensed.

"Peter, it's okay, I'm so sorry, we shouldn't watch that movie."

Peter finally found his voice. It was small and cracked in panic, "It's fine."

"No, Peter it isn't. We shouldn't be so inconsiderate."

"What's going on?" Steve said.

Clint already seemed to know, "He had a panic attack. The movie triggered him."

Natasha nodded, "But why would the movie trigger him?"

Peter looked up, with a white face, and blankly said, "That's the movie my Aunt and I were watching when she died. All I see when that movie comes on is her eyes, minutes after she died, cold, but... still open." Peter seemed to be in a worried trance. It could happen again.

Tony seemed to read Peters thoughts, "It's not going to happen again."

That night Peter and Tony fell asleep on the couch, after settling on a board game night instead.

Later my gators 🐊