§·1·§

The mind is a beautiful thing.

It has the power to create worlds and universes that we physically are incapable.

As kids, we imagined the millions of possibilities of what-ifs. Some would picture a world where superheroes save the day and how it would if we too had powers. Others imagined a world where our favorite characters would real and we would be able to experience their adventures personally.

As teens, our minds have the capabilities to calculate math, to remember a certain detail from little to big, to solve problems and connect the clues that are right in front of us.

Our minds are powerful and believe it or not, we are completely dependent on our minds. Every thought, every action, every word your reading right now, everything runs through our minds.

Without our minds, we wouldn't be able to think about our next moves, our next thought, our next words, and without it you wouldn't be able to picture or imagine the world of this book.

But just as the mind is beautiful it is also dangerous.

§§§

Shadows, everyone and everything has a shadow. Living or not, they have a shadow.

Going back centuries into folklore, mythology and even beliefs shadows are an integral part of it all. It is depicted both good and bad in many different cultures, in many different folklores, they are the root of it all.

In mythology, the Ancient Egyptians expressed the essence
of The Shadow in Nephtys, the dark twin sister of Isis.

In astrology, The Shadow is expressed as Lilith, the dark and
un-seeable side of the moon.

In folklore, The Shadow is expressed as the doppelganger,
or "double walker".

In Psychology, The Shadow represents our alter ego.

All in all what each an every single one of these has the representation that a shadow --our shadows-- are
unmanifested forms of what we chose not to become. A form that we --no matter how hard we try-- cannot rid, that it will always be with us, the choices we chose not to make subconsciously or deliberately.

To put it easily, our shadows are ur physical form of our what-ifs that we chose not to explore because of our fears of the outcome.

Scott was packing his bag for school and just as he was about to leave he caught a glimpse of his shadow.

More specifically, the shadow of his hand. Which wouldn't seem like a big deal but if you looked closely the shadow of his hand had his claws out.

Looking at his own hand it was normal, his claws wasn't out and showing. Clenching his fist and stretching his fingers his shadow had returned to normal. Brushing it off as stress he leaves his room.

"Hey." Issac spoke as he was waiting for Scott to open his door.

"Oh, hey."

§§§

After throwing Issac into a wall, Scott had to admit he did feel better. Getting on his bike he left for school.

Finally pulling up to the school he took his helmet off and just as he was about get off his bike he caught sight of his reflection.

His eyes was red and glowing, showing off his new recent status change from beta to alpha.

Squeezing his eyes shut he opened them and saw his eyes was back to normal.