7 -

HERMIONE’S POV 

I was stunned. There’s no other way to put it. I was undeniably stunned. It had been ten months since I broke up with him, and yet he still loved me. We stood in silence for a while; I didn’t know what to say. I mean, what do you say when somebody tells you they haven’t stopped loving you?

         “Ron…” I began, still unsure of what to say, “I love you too, but… not like that. You are my best friend. You’re like a brother to me.”

         “Don’t say that,” Ron whispered.

         “You have to deal with it. Either you accept the fact that I’m marrying Draco and I’m having his child, or you don’t. It would make me happy if you accepted it, but if you don’t?” I sighed, “I won’t let you be a part of my of my child’s life. It’s your choice. Your family supports me and Harry supports me. Why can’t you?”

         “Didn’t you hear me, Hermione? I love you. I don’t think I can ever accept you being with Malfoy, not when I feel like this.” He said, making a move at taking my hand in his. I stepped back.

         “It breaks my heart to say this Ron, but this is it for us. I would have loved to have you in our lives, but it just won’t work out. Don’t bother coming to my wedding.” I could feel the tears pressing against my eyelids at each blink. Ron had no reply, he just turned on his heel and went back into the Burrow. I thought of following him for a second, but decided against it. Feeling bad for not saying goodbye to Harry and the Weasley’s I disapparated.

Draco still sat in our bed when I got home. He was watching some American muggle TV-show. He had become addicted to a couple of shows after I introduced him to them, but he turned it off the second I entered the room.

         “What’s wrong? What happened?” He crawled off the bed and immediately pulled me close in a hug. I burst into tears as soon as his arms were around me. The front of his shirt was soaked in seconds. I tried speaking a couple of times, but all that left my mouth was sobs.

         “Oh, love. It’s okay. Relax. I’m here.” Draco whispered into my hair, repeating the words over and over until I stopped crying.

         “Ron and I fought about you and me,” I said a while later when we were both lying in the bed under the covers, our fingers were laced and we were on our sides looking at each other. “He doesn’t approve of us, so I told him to not come to the wedding and that I didn’t want him to be a part of our lives.” I continued calmly, deciding not to tell him about Ron’s declaration of his love for me.

Draco leaned in to kiss my forehead. His lips lingered a moment before he pulled back, “Good. He’s not good for you or the baby. I don’t want him messing with you. Mentally or physically.”

         “I know. But it’s just so heart breaking. You know how much I care about him. He’s been my best friend since I was eleven!”

         “I know, love. I know.” He whispered, and that’s the last words I heard before I fell asleep.

--

And I slept until I was awoken by pain in my abdomen. I cried out loud from the pain and Draco woke up immediately.

         “What’s wrong? Hermione, what’s going on?” he kept saying.

         “I don’t know. Ow! Oh shit!” I cried out of breath, panicking because I didn’t know what was going on. But then I felt it. The wetness of the sheets, “Oh my God. Draco, my water broke.”