chapter 11(You'd Think They Wouldn't Try This Hard)

Peter had decided to go out as Spiderman after Mr. Stark's surprise visit. He felt himself relax as he swung through the air. He smiled. He wished he could take off the mask so that he could feel the wind against his face, tugging at his hair. He'd done that a few nights. But right now it was still light out and he would be risking someone figuring out his identity. He settled on a rooftop, leaning on a billboard and just gazing out at his city. It looked beautiful from up here, where the chaos and the noise blended into the background and the trash in the streets was to small to notice. Up here, the buildings gleamed in the sun, reflecting the light in a million direction, casting rainbows in certain areas. He could stay up here forever.

Peter felt his Spider sense tingle slightly. He wasn't in danger yet, but there could be trouble. He closed his eyes hoping it would go away. RAAJA spoke in his ear.

"Avengers have been spotted in the surrounding area. I advise we prepare to defend ourselves."

"The Avengers?" He had forgotten, for a wonderful moment, that they were after him. Or more specifically Spiderman. He sighed. "RAAJA, can you tell how close they are?"

"The one known as Hawkeye is on the building across the street. Black Widow and Captain America are coming up the stairs. Iron Man is coming in from the left and Thor from the right. Lastly Bruce Banner is on the building on our left."

"Thanks, RAAJA. Wait a second. How did you know exactly where they are?"

"You programmed me with hacking capabilities which I used to hack into the building and street cameras."

"Oh." Peter hadn't thought about that. He wished he had brought some of his homemade weapons but he still hadn't found an easy way to carry them on his person. He might have to design pockets into the suit, he still wasn't sure. "Alrighty then, let's see how they want to do this." Peter stepped slightly away from the billboard and crossed his arms. Judging by how only Iron Man was approaching he figured Stark might try to talk to him again. As if that had gone well last time.

"Hello there. I'd say it's ice to see you, but it's actually pretty warm out today and I'm honestly not that glad to see you."

"Spiderman" Stark started, landing on the roof of the building a few feet from the masked vigilante and blatantly ignoring him. "I assume you know why we're here?"

"Because you're judgmental hypocrites?"

"Excuse me!" Iron Man said places his hands on his hips. "We are not judgmental idiots. Well at least I'm not, not so sure about the rest."

"Well, you're trying to capture me without a valid enough reason. And the reason you do give is that I'm a vigilante. But the thing is, you started as a vigilante and the Avengers often get into a fight before receiving conformation that they have been approved to do so."

"Alright, that's it. Avengers attack!" Stark raised a palm and fired a beam at the red clad hero. Spiderman jumped up, flipping midair to doge the blast. He crouched down when Black Widow and Captain America surged onto the roof from the stairwell door and Thor landed on the roof with a thud.

"Black Widow, you're here too?" He rolled to his right as Cap threw his shield and sprang up back handspringing away as Black Widow attempted to shoot him. He was then forced to duck to avoid Thor's hammer. He spun catching the arrow Hawkeye had aimed at him. "Hawkeye!" he dodged an arrow that made a tiny explosion when it hit the roof. "That's so cool! Can I call you bird man? It's like Spiderman but with bird since a Hawk is a bird." Peter gasped while evading more attacks. "I know! I can call you Big Bird! You know, from Sesame Street? You don't mind that do you?" He dodged another flurry of arrows. "I'll take that as a yes, so Big Bird it is."