⥈ chapter five: GUESTS ⥈

« chapter v: GUESTS »

Tim still doesn't know how Bruce did it

Tim still doesn't know how Bruce did it. How could he break Dabria down like that and at the same time, encourage her that the best thing for her and Adelaide right now was a stable place to sleep, food to eat, and a way for her to learn control over her powers. Tim had already seen several scorch marks in the hallway that led to her and Adelaide's rooms. Dabria had wanted the two of them to be in the same room together but Adelaide insisted they sleep in separate. "I've never had my own room." Adelaide complained, though that must have been a lie. She was her parents only child when they died. "I want to sleep by myself." Dabria had pursed her lips but finally relented when Adelaide persisted. 

Bruce still hadn't come to talk to Tim about what unmasking in front of people. That was basically rule one when he joined the team and Tim had never broken it before now. Tim had only shared his identity with some of the other young heroes from the Titans team and from Young Justice but nobody else, and certainly not somebody he had only known for a couple of minutes. Damian lit into him the moment Bruce left the cave with Adelaide and Dabria though.

"Nice going Drake." Tim rolled his eyes.

"Whatever shrimp."

"Don't you start too!" Damian snapped at him. "How could you do that? Unmask yourself to that... That girl! For all we know, she could be working with someone, trying to trick us, gain our trust." Tim shook his head.

"You're paranoid."

"I'm practical. I don't get a good vibe from her Drake. I don't like the thought of her being with us." Tim sighed and began to head over to the glass stands to change out of his costume. 

"Well obviously, Dad does or he wouldn't be showing her around the mansion right now." Damian couldn't argue there, even if he really wanted to.

As Tim headed into his room, he was surprised to see Bruce already there, staring out the window into the garden.

"Oh... Hi Bruce." Tim watched him turn and half smile at him.

"Tim, I'm proud of you for figuring out where Dabria and Adelaide were."