Coming to Terms

"So young man, what are your intentions with my mother?"

"I'm far older than you Young Midoriya. And how many times do I have to tell you it really was just a meeting about your progress? Nothing happened! We just acted so weird because we knew you would think we were together!"

"Then why does she call you 'Toshi'"!?

Toshinori sweatdropped, "That was her doing. I felt that the formalities could be dropped and that I liked my real name better than 'Mr. Yagi'. So I said to call me Toshinori, but...she liked the nickname better."

Izuku squinted his eyes, "So nothing happened?"

"No. So...could you please stop trying to strangle me?"

In the truck sat Toshinori Yagi and Izuku Midoriya, the latter of which being held back by the former trying to keep the teenagers hands off of his throat. Izuku slumped back down into the passenger seat and sighed.

"Sorry. So...y-you really aren't, you know... together?"

"Young Midoriya, I've only known her for a couple of weeks. No, I'm not dating your mother. And I would of course ask you about it first. If uh, I did like her that is."

"Okay. Well...that's a shame."

Toshinori spat out blood in surprise, "What!? You actually want me to date you mother!? Then why did you try to strangle me!?"

"Fear tactics. But, I guess I am okay with it. I...W-Well it would be weird. I mean, t-to have you and my mom be together. But, I do know that you make her happy. And, she thinks you're funny. And it…"

"What is it?"

"I... it's just that, it's something that little kid me could only dream about. Having you for a dad that is. My d-... Hisashi left without even saying a word. I was born, he left to America for work, and when he got the letter that I was quirkless...we never heard back. And, we've never heard from him since. Or, at least I haven't. I'm assuming Mom had to for the divorce, but I didn't even learn about that until years later."

Toshinori was doing his best to soak up every word of this and take it to heart. It wasn't often his successor shared this kind of stuff, so Toshi felt that he should take what he could for now. He waited for Izuku to continue.

"I-I never really knew him. So I guess the m-main reason I want you to be with my mom is because... y-you already filled the space of "father figure" in my life. Might as well get the full package. Oh! A-And because y-you make my mom really happy of course."

A deafening silence filled the car. Izuku shifted uncomfortably in his seat, avoiding all eye contact with All Might. "Yeah, this is weird. I-I'm so sorry. F-Forget I said anything. I-I'll just go." Midoriya put his hand on the door handle, but just as he was about to exit the truck, a bony arm wrapped around his shoulder, pulling him into a hug. Another hand was placed on his head, patting his head.