Chapter 23

What is your biggest 'what if'?

Blair's POV 

Feeling the warm sun against my face was a pure blissful feeling as I was sitting on the gazebo. The view in front of me was as outstanding as ever. It never cease to amaze me. 

Patiently waiting, I was going through my beloved poetry book. The boys were not ready yet so I decided to just walk around a little bit and now here I am near the restaurant in this gazebo. 

As I was reading, the sudden thoughts out last night come popping through my mind. For some reasons, I felt a tint of sadness as I realized that I was undeniably getting attached to Cyen. 

His mere presence sends a sense of comfort to me without him even trying. My stupid heart starts racing out of nowhere. I can't even control it. Then there are the kisses that we shared. Oh those kisses were just the best one I have experience. 

"Not that I have a lot of kisses to compare it to," I thought to myself as I sighed. 

To top it all off, I get these creepy tendencies to just stare at him without even realizing. The fact that I find myself noticing the slightest details of his habits is getting scary to me. 

Groaning, I shut my book and squeezed my eyes shut. 

"I don't wanna feel that way... I don't wanna complicate what's already complicated," I said to myself as I slowing opened my eyes. 

Letting out a sigh, I stared at the sea. The rhythmic flow of the waves was soothing. Opening my book once again, I tried to ignore the incessant thoughts that have been taunting me. I tried my best to put my complete focus on the book. 

Shortly after, I felt someone walking towards me, causing me to look up from my book. As I looked at the people walking in front of me but I saw no one familiar. 

Just then, I felt a hand on my shoulder, startling me in my seat. With my hand resting near my heart, I turned to look at who it was. As I turned, I was stunned to see Hazel standing there. 

She was looking as beautiful as ever with her radiant smile. Her eyes were hidden by white thick sunglasses. 

I found myself being engulfed in a warm hug, bringing a smile on my face. 

"What are you doing here," she said as she pulled away. 

She quickly took a seat beside me and placed her stuff on the ground. 

"I can't believe I'm seeing you here... I'm actually on my honeymoon. What about you," I asked. 

"I'm here for work actually. I'm shooting here for a brand.. Why are you alone though? Where is the husband," she asked as she took her gigantic hat off. 

"I'm just waiting for him actually," I said as I shot her a smile. 

Just like that, time passed by as we started talking. Talking to her seem to be such an easy thing. Whenever we converse, I don't have this feeling to hold back at all for some reasons. 

 "Awww it's so cute how you talk about your husband. This just reminds me of how swoon I am over my ex boyfriend," she said as she suddenly looked down. 

"Are you okay," I asked her as I stroked her back. 

"Yea I'm fine... It's just that I can't seem to get over him. He is all I ever wanted but apparently I wasn't," she said as she gave me a forced smile. 

"You still love him, don't you," I said as I grabbed her hand in both of my hands in comfort. 

"So much that it hurts," she said as she scoffed and shook her head.