Day 5 Blunder

Day 5

It was a pretty boring day, both of us were tired of working. It was five in the evening. He took up the audit and I decided to help him with work, so we could have some time off towards the end and enjoy the trip.

We first worked in the study room, then went to work in his room, took a break to make and eat lunch, worked in my room, took a break for tea, and now we were working again in the living room. He was sitting on the single sofa keeping his legs on the teapoy, with his laptop in his lap.

We kept changing rooms to avoid boardroom and have a chance to avoid distractions. Sitting on the sofa, his arms were folded and he was reading something. His forehead had wrinkles and he kind of squinted his eyes.

He looked cute

I suddenly remembered what happened yesterday. The memory flooded in my head and I could not stop this weird feeling. He was so close and his eyes were on my lips, I thought he would kiss me, but he didn't.

What if he did? would I let him? or would I push him away? When he came close, the heat rose up to my cheeks. Did that mean he liked me? Was everything happening too fast?

"Wow. Boys around you must be blind"

His words echoed in my mind. He looked so surprised and relieved, finding out I did not have a boyfriend. I could still feel the butterflies in my stomach, from the thought of him being close to me.

As much as I adore you staring at me, it's creeping me out now" Vansh spoke, breaking the silence and stretching his hands behind his back.

"Huh?"

"You zoned out, didn't you?" he looked at me with a gentle knowing smile, bobbing his head to the right and raising his eyebrow.

"Yeah," I said sheepishly. He chuckled, shutting his laptop, keeping his legs down, and putting the laptop on the teapoy.

"Enough work for today, let's go on a beach for a walk" I needed a long break and he just suggested something I would love to do. Why is he so perfect?

"Yess, I will just get dressed and freshen up" I beamed.

****

I quickly went to my room and took a nice full-sleeve black dress out. I went to the bathroom and washed my face. I wore my dress, fixed my hair, and went out. It was 6 and as I walked out of my room, towards the living room, I saw Vansh in a black t-shirt and white shorts. He always managed to look awesome.

He was typing on his phone and did not notice me coming. I cleared my throat to get his attention. He lifted his eyes to meet mine and then his eyes slowly traveled to the toes then back to my eyes.

Butterflies. I could feel butterflies in my stomach.

Damn these butterflies! I need to cage them!