Chapter 47 | I Love You Noah Alexander Jackson

𝐀 𝐕 𝐀 𝐋 𝐎 𝐍 ' 𝐒   𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

Sitting on the couches around the unlit fire pit in Emery and Liam's backyard. Noah's parents stand at the grill preparing the food and plating it for people handing it out. Luna plays with her new puppy Callie along with all the other cousins who adore her. The older boys are throwing a football around and my friends and I, including Liam and Emery, are sitting on the couches eating. They decided to hold a barbecue with some of their family and their close friends. Having returned from New York a few days ago, our days have been packed with preparing for finals, so it's nice to have a day off.

Everyone loves Callie. Noah's family have had her for a week now and everything is going great, his family has got used to having a dog around. Luna and the twins have stepped up with helping to take care of her, mostly by filling up her water when it's empty and feeding her. Callie loves it with them, she's always so energetic and she loves Luna. She even sleeps in her room with her. It's fair to say Luna is her favorite.

"Come on, just let me have a bite?" Noah pouts, trying to steal my burger. I do not like sharing my food with anyone, but Noah has managed to convince me to share with him at times. Which he finds amusing, since if it was anyone else I'd kill them.

"Dude, just give up. She won't give it to you. She almost stabbed me with a fork when I tried to steal food off her," Dylan grumbles as I smirk. I like food, sue me.

"Just go get another," I say, pushing him away and everyone seems amused by the fact I won't share with him.

"I can't. I've already had three and my dad won't let me have anymore until everyone has eaten," Noah says. "I can have this and you can go get another cause he won't turn you away," Noah says, and I roll my eyes.

"You'll get fat," I say, shoving my burger in his chest before getting up and walking back to the barbecue hearing Dylan shout about how this is favoritism. "Have some more burgers left?" I ask Noah's dad.

"He stole your burger off you?" Noah's dad asks, smirking and I nod my head. "Greedy bastard," He says and I laugh before he hands me another burger. "Here you go."

"Thank you, I won't let him take this one," I say, walking back to the fire pit and sitting back down. "Burger stealer," I mumble, and Noah chuckles before kissing my temple.

"How come you share food with him and not me?" Dylan asks, pouting.

"Here you big baby," Hannah says, giving Dylan some of her food and he instantly perks up. "What is it with you guys and food?" Hannah asks, rolling her eyes as we all laugh.

"Do Emery and Liam throw these a lot?" Liv asks.

"Never. My parents throw them all the time. Kind of just a family and friends get together thing, really. Plus, it gives my dad an excuse to grill," Noah says, as we laugh. "My mom thinks he's too obsessed."

"Noah, can you and your friends come play football with us? Our cousins suck," Alex says as him, and Max run up to us all. "They're no competition."

"And you two think you are. Challenge accepted," Dylan says, grabbing the football off them and running off as they chase him.

"I wanna play. Aiden has been showing me how to throw and catch it, and I wanna show him up," Sierra smirks, grabbing Aiden, dragging him to the grass area where they're about to start playing. Nick gets up along with Liv, who offers to play and follows them.

"Alright let's go show you pansys how football is played," Liam says, getting up kissing Emery's cheek.

"Good luck with that old man, you couldn't keep up with our training if you tried," Noah laughs and Liam rolls his eyes, walking off. "You wanna join in?"