$26

Five months flew by before I knew it, the last four of those months I've been with Morgan. It wasn't hard to believe. We clicked instantly and we were friends before so everything felt so right. Before, I knew it, I was moving into her place. Morgan had a job at some business, but I was jobless, but that was only because she insisted that I didn't need one. So, I didn't argue. Plus, I didn't have the best résumé anyways. Morgan was something else. She was always so charming, and polite to others, and she had an amazing sense of humor so everyone loved her. Alfie adored her and so did Jade. Speaking of Jade, she was bound to have my little niece or nephew anytime now. But, she had yet to have a baby shower. She didn't want one but Alfie and I's mom and her mom were throwing a surprise baby shower for her. She was going to either be very embarrassed and angry, or happy. Either way, I couldn't wait to see her reaction.

Alfie had forewarned me that he invited everyone from the parlor and Zen to the baby shower. I wasn't going to let Zen's appearance stop me from attending my brother, and now-best-friend's celebration. I waited on the couch for Morgan to get ready. I've never known anyone that took as long as me to get ready, but my girlfriend did. But the time it took her to get ready was understandable. Morgan never went out without looking like America's Next Top Model. She was always wearing something bold, but she always looked good wearing whatever she wore. My phone buzzed and I looked down at it, to see a text from my brother.

Mom is acting like she's taking Jade to the spa, but really she's taking her to the baby shower. Long story short: Mom stole my car so I'll be riding with you and Morgan - Alfie

Cool, come on over. I'm still waiting for her to get ready. -Finley

On my way. - Alfie

As soon as I stuffed my phone into my pocket, my beautiful girlfriend strolled out of the bedroom. I turned my head to face her and stood up to get a good view of her outfit. She was wearing black and white suit with a black bow tie, and black high heels. I smiled as she approached me. She wrapped her arms around my waist before kissing my lips softly. "I hope you don't think you're going out with me in that short ass dress," she purred in my ear. I smirked and twirled my finger in one of her blonde wavy locks.

"I hope you're not serious."

"Of course not, princess. You look amazing. You've worked hard on your figure, so you can show it off however you want to." She kissed my lips once again, and I kissed her back deeply. She brought my hips closer to hers and brushed her tongue against my lower lip. Suddenly, she pulled away from me. "Shit," she grumbled as a knock appeared on the door. "I'm going to kill the motherfucker behind this door," she said as she stalked towards it. I giggled and ran in front of the door before she could answer it and lay a cursing on my brother.

"It's Alfie. He's riding with us." She made an 'oh' expression and put her hands up as she stepped back from the door. I turned around and opened the door for my brother. He looked from me to Morgan and frowned. "What?"

"Well you two are all dressed up and I'm standing here in a t-shirt and jeans like a fucking douchebag." I laughed and linked my arm with him before I started walking down the hallway with him. Morgan locked the door behind us and followed us as we stepped on the elevator of the apartment building.

"I think you look good," I told my brother.

"Yeah, for a bum," Morgan muttered. I gave her the stank eye in response, and she replied with that by pinching one of my ass cheeks. She smirked as I turned around to hit her in the shoulder. "I'm just fucking around. You look nice, Alfie. You always look nice. It's in your genes. Your mother is beautiful. Your father is handsome. Your sister is the most stunning girl on the planet, so it's only fair that you're...decent." I blushed and laughed as Alfie rolled his eyes at my girlfriend. The two always bickered but it was more of playful banter.