Chapter 5

Arlo POV

"You! Let go of her you sick Fuck!" John screamed and suddenly the ground beneath him and the girl cracked making my eyes widen what the hell is that? She looked at the guy slowly.

"So you're disposable huh? That's great." Before I knew it a hole was in the place she was and she was in front of the guy taking his hand away from Seraphina and he was screaming. What the hell just happen? John then stabbed the guy and I saw a van about to hit the barrier when she pushed John out of the way as the van broke through my barrier hurting me but my eyes never left her as she took the hit. She wasn't sent flying as far as I thought it would if it broke my barrier. Before I could do anything the guys managed to escape.

~~

We all took a seat and Elaine started healing me as I watched the white haired girl, her eyes told me she was using her ability but I don't see anything happening. My eyes then landed on John, he's glaring at me while healing himself.

"Jeez. What's the problem now? Aren't you done being mad for one night?" I ask tired after everything that happened

"You had one fucking job." John says making me look at him irritated at his words.

"Excuse me?" I say before she place a hand on his shoulder.

"That's enough, I'm tired after all this and thanks to that stunt I pulled my head hurts. I don't need you yelling and arguing over something that already happened and can do nothing about. So please just heal me and let me sleep." She mumbles making him sigh and calm down. How? She was almost rude and he calms down?

"Ok." He says moving his hands toward her and started healing her looking at her up and down as he did.

"Did it fail that much?" He asked confusing me.

"Yeah, I had to use double what I usually use just to dash to the guy and it was a lot slower than normal. He also should've died but instead he just got hurt." She mumbles leaning on him as my eyes widen. Is she talking about her ability?

"And the van actually hit you somehow too, I thought you were untouchable." He says playfully surprising me as he finished healing her deactivating his ability.

"Yeah well at least I didn't die or ended up unconscious." She says making him chuckle and look at her straight in the eyes. Who is she? She's not scared of him even knowing how violent he is. He's different with her, he almost seems normal.

"Go get some rest." He says to her and I only see her tilt her head and take his hand.

"Sure." She says dragging him with her as I blinked.

"Hey! Why are you taking me with you?" He asks as she pulls him with her and he lets her.

"Because you'll be my pillow." I hear her say at him hugging his arm and placing her head on his shoulder.

"When am I not your pillow?" He sighs giving in surprising me even more. Really?

"When you're not with me." She says making him chuckle.

"That was a rhetorical question." He says placing his head on hers. Why am I paying attention to them?

"I know." I hear her mumble tiredly.

"Night, princess." I hear him say making me widen my eyes. That's why.. he loves her. That is how he sees her. She's going to be important in trying to keep him in check, probably more important than Seraphina, but how do I get her to be on our side?

~~

"Seraphina's been unconscious for quite some time now.. I'm really worried for her. Should we take her to a hospital? And maybe report this to the authorities?" Elaine asks making me look at her.

"That may be the best course of action-" I was cut off by John yet again!

"No. No authorities. We'll call Doc in the morning and we'll talk to the headmaster. But no authorities." He says while looking at the girl resting on his shoulder. What the hell is that girl hiding?! It's not like I can ask any of them!

Adira POV

"Ow!" I moan in pain when my head hits the floor.

"John what the-" I was cut off.

"Sera! Hey wait!" He just let me hit myself on the ground to go after her huh? I guess she's awake at least. I climb onto the sofa using the blanket she was using and cover myself falling asleep again. It's way too early for me.

"Hey.. Adira, we're going to the infirmary, you coming?" I hear and squint my eyes open to see John there.

"Hm, no I'm still sleepy." I mumble as I feel his hand on my head making me whine at the pain and push his hand away.

"That hurts." I say softly rubbing the place I hit when he let me hit the ground.

"Sorry.. did I do that?" He asks taking a seat next to me and I nodded sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

"I'm sorry." He says caressing my cheek.

"I didn't mean to hurt you." He says.

"It's fine. Just a small bump." I say.

"Still-" I cut him off.

"Don't you have to take Seraphina to the infirmary?" I ask tilting my head making him sigh.

"Right. I'll make it up to you when we get back." He says making me smirk.

"Make it up to me now." I say leaning in and kissing his lips forgetting the rest were still here and two of them look kinda annoyed while the other didn't look like she cared. I pull away and smile at him.

"Now you can go." I mumble making him smile and get up.

"Alright." He says before walking out the door with the others and I fell asleep again.

Third Person POV

What was that? What did I feel when she kissed him? Seraphina thought as she watched John walk ahead of her. 

Well I guess that mystery is solved, she's his girlfriend. That's why she doesn't seem afraid of him. Arlo thought as he walked with Elaine beside him looking down.

How could someone even date a person like that? Elaine thought glaring at the ground unable to understand how the two were together, how could she knowing how he was yet could still be with him. 

The 4 finally made it to the school after an awkward silence from all of them. John was thinking what he could do to make it up to Adira and how to deal with this new people.