Bloodlines

Dear Diary,

Today I will try to speak with my family, at least my biological one. To find out answers, to get to know them and why they left me. I know my Psychotic uncle Damon tried killing me before I was born. I've been avoiding a serious topic with Tyler since I left for the road trip. I feel guilty for what I did, I enjoyed it a lot but I'm scared I'm going to hurt him more if I tell him.
-Yours Truly Scarlett

I've been avoiding Stefan ever since I found out I am his niece.

"Hey, are you okay?" Stefan asks standing in front of me. I nod my head and I walk away from him. Well, I've been avoiding everyone, Vick's is still missing and I feel like a part of me is missing too. She didn't even call to tell me she was skipping town, god once I find her I'm going to kick her butt.

•    •    •    •

I walk into the Salvatore house. I see Stefan laying down on his couch. I have the folder with my birth certificate, adoption papers, photos, and letters.

"I need to talk to you." I tell Stefan. He sits up and faces me.

"I how, why?" I ask looking at him. My eyes are teary. "Who is my mom? Why would my parents give me away without fighting?" I ask trying to blink back my tears.

"Your parents love you very much.-" "-Don't you call them my parents, my parents are Miranda and Grayson Gilbert. They raised, loved me and even when I'm angry at them for not telling the truth I love them." I interpret him.

"Zach and Ivory love you very much, Scarlett. They gave you a way to protect you, they hid your magic with this bracelet." Stefan says pointing at my bracelet with my birthstones. "You're my niece Scarlett you're family I care for you. Besides Zach, you're the only other living relative I have." He says.

"Damon is your brother." I snap.

"Haven't you seen our relationship? We would turn each other in if it meant we weren't killed." He says. "You're human Scarlett, you're good, pure." He says. I shake my head.

"When I take off my bracelet I have the worst thoughts. So I don't take it off. I'm scared Stefan if I let that evil inside of me control me." I say looking at him. He grabs my hand a squeeze.

"You're my niece Scarlett, I'll pull you back if anything. Elena and Jeremy will.  You can't let that control you, you're great Scarlett you won't let that stop you." Stefan says.

||  Stefan's pov ||

"Did Ivory and Zach really love me? When I was a baby?" Lottie asks.

"Yes, Scarlett. They did, I did too. I was off the bender then I found out you were going to be born and it kinda snapped me out of it, you helped me Scarlett without knowing so, it's my turn to do so." I say.

"So you won't let this evil take over? You'll put me down if I lose myself?" She asks, I now the evil she's talking about, her mom talked about how strong it was. How she was trying her hardest not to let it control her.

"Your mother asked me the same thing Scarlett, I won't let it get to that." I say looking at her. "You're family Scarlett, you're a Salvatore but you have the goodness of a Gilbert. You won't let this win. Ivory fought it and won you can too Scarlett." I say giving my niece courage.

"I know Damon won't hurt you after the lake incident, I don't think I've seen him act so human." I say.

"I'm not scared of Damon, I can protect myself. How ever, how was my birth mother? What is she like?" She asks.

"She was great, she was loving and I don't I've seen someone love so hard, you guys have that in common. She's very protective go those around her, she loves reading and writing. You two are every alike but you're like Zach at the same time. Zach is stubborn, you get that from him, you're very caring like your dad. Your eyes like Zach, you care for others and asks for nothing in return." I say making her smile.