Chapter Seven

"Good afternoon, Blake. I was wondering if you would like to go horse back riding," I say. A surprised look takes over his face that is framed by dark brown hair that is extremely close to black. His blue eyes pierce into my own as he looks out the ajar door.

"This is quite a surprise but I would love to. How did you know that I liked riding?" he asks. He walks out of the door and shuts it behind him. I loop my arm around his as we walk towards the staircase.

"I have been studying everyone's profiles. I got a copy of them when you all were chosen from the lottery," I explain. He nods as we reach the bottom step. I lead him to the door that is the closest to the stables.

"Well, I guess you know all of my secrets don't you?" he asks.

"Well, I guess being able to pick your nose with your tongue is a very impressive skill," I joke. His deep laughter carries down the halls.

"Well, I'm glad you believe so," he states. He opens the door for me and I walk out.

"Seriously though, I do enjoy looking over everything you all enjoy," I reply. He talks to the stable boy about riding clothes and I change into my own. My dark black boots and pink riding coat hang in the backroom with my saddles.

After changing, I carry the heavy saddle to my horse. It's white with a few black markings scattered around its body. I named her Miley. (She is not named after Miley Cyrus! I just really like the name!) She neighs and I rub her. She runs her head on the side of my body. I sneak my way into the supply closet and find a barrel of apples. I grab half a dozen and hurry back to Miley before the stable boy can see me.

"You're really good with her," a voice says behind me. Blake sits on top or a pile of hay. His right leg is crossed over his left.

"Thanks. How long have you been there, though?" I ask. He shrugs and stands up in full riding gear.

"I don't know. Long enough to see your stolen stash of apples, though," he states.

"Technically, they were already my apples. My family bought them for the horses. We are just supposed to limit how much they get. But, she is a good girl so she is kind of spoiled," I say. I crinkle my nose up when I say the last part. He stands up and walks next to me. He gently rubs the horse, being more careful then other people who don't see their true beauty.

"Shall we ride?" he asks.
Kind of another filler chapter, I know. I wanted to show her interactions with the other guys and give more details on Celia. And, if you do know stuff on horses, you could probably tell I know nothing on the subject so I apologize. Votes and comments?

Disclaimer: The Selection belongs to Kiera Cass, not me.