fourteen

donghyuck wiped mark's sweat off his forehead with a soft towel, "come on you have on more quarter."

mark clicked his tongue in disappointment, "our team isn't going to advance to finals. yukhei is throwing his back out for us. and jeno is using his anger to play. which is helpful until all he can see is red."

donghyuck stiffened at the mention of his infamous exes name and sneered, "yukhei isn't that great. jungwoo is clinging to him each quarter."

mark quirked his lips upward into a little smirk. he threw an arm around donghyuck's shoulders and pull him in closer to him, "you can't be complaining about jungwoo love. you've been doing  the same thing."

donghyuck rolled his eyes but stayed in mark's half-assed embrace. he placed his hand over his chest and acted offended, "i am not a jungwoo! we're not even dating so it isn't the same."

a slight pain-filled mark's chest and he swallowed hard, "yeah you're right we're not dating."

donghyuck noticed the slight change in mark's facade and winced. he removed mark's arms from around him. it was all his fault that mark was starting to feel upset, but he didn't know how to fix it.

mark opened his mouth to speak but jaemin interrupted and sat down in between the two boys and sighed loudly. the two ignored him and focused on trying to figure out how to fix the awkward atmosphere. jaemin sighed again, but this time louder and noticeable.

mark raised his eyebrows and turned his attention to jaemin, "what's wrong with you?"

jaemin's ears perked up at the simple statement and he adjusted himself to sit up straight, "well thank you for asking mark."

donghyuck ignored the whole conversation altogether and zoned out. he had only caught the last bit of jaemin's way too long rant to mark.

"and renjun and jeno won't admit that they're trying to break the two of you apart!" jaemin exclaimed and gripped the ends of his hair tightly.

mark raised his eyebrows in disbelief, "there is no way that they're trying to get in the way of me and donghyuck. jeno is my best friend and he knows..." mark looked over at donghyuck who seemed close to clueless and muttered the last part near jaemin so only he could hear, "he knows how long i've liked donghyuck."

jaemin threw his hands up in the air and yelled, "that's what i thought! but then yukhei showed me screenshots from renjun's phone."

donghyuck rolled his eyes at that name again. 'what's up with people and mentioning yukhei lately?'

mark shook his head with nothing but disappointment meant to fill his actions, "you're going to trust a friend over your boyfriends?"

donghyuck chimed in, "don't trust yukhei. he lied to me for 2 years saying how he was going to protect me and shit. but look where we are now nana."

jaemin nodded proudly, "i've known yukhei longer than renjun. actually, he's the one that introduced us to one another so-"

"hey donghyuck!"