chapter eleven - coming out and backseat kisses

chapter eleven – coming out and backseat kisses

"I have a crush on Mike!" 12 year old Laurel announced.

"Oooh" Kevin, Devin and Marc howled while Charlie glared into the ground.

"Who do you guys have a crush on?" Laurel asked and everyone's eyes went wide.

Kevin and Marc glared at each other while Devin looked at the ground uncomfortably. Charlie was just staring at me looking for help while I panicked because Marc was with us.

"I like girls!" I announce.

"What?" Kevin and Marc's eyes snap to me in shock.

"And boys" I mumble. "I like girls and boys"

"Nice" Devin grinned at me

"Oh my god" I stare wide eyed at the scene in front of me.

"Thea" Devin pulled away from who he was kissing.

I've been at the football game's after party for about an hour and I've done nothing but piss off Marc and Kevin. By ignoring Kevin, who kept trying to talk and dance with me. And shooting Marc a hard glare whenever he tried to come near me. And honestly I was bored. So I thought I would head upstairs to take a nap until I had to drive Laurel, Charlie and Millie home.

"We'll just go" Mike mumbled.

"We?!?" I sputtered out. That's when I noticed Reggie awkwardly smiling at me. "I-I"

A few moments later, Devin and I were standing alone in the bedroom.

"Thea" Devin was staring at me and I saw the panic in his eyes. He didn't want me to tell anyone...

"I'm not going to say anything" I clarify. I would never do that.

"Uh yeah. That's um. Thanks" Devin looked highly uncomfortable.

"So... You're bi too?" I asked.

"I'm gay" That shocked me. Completely shocked me to my core. Devin Preston had a reputation. A reputation that was supported by multiple leaked videos and pictures. We all remember that time Lilah Harris's phone got stolen and videos of them doing it got sent to everyone.

"But I've seen you have sex" I furrowed my eyebrows and then Devin looked confused. "I mean that video"

Realization flashed in his eyes. "It's complicated. I just do it because nobody would suspect anything"

"Devin. That's not good" I frown and he shrugs.

"Yeah, well I have a pretty good relationship with my Dad and I don't want to ruin it" Devin looked sad and my heart hurt for another Preston brother.

"So. You were having a threesome" I say after a few minutes and Devin laughs.

"They... They think I'm as drunk as they are" Devin explains. "I am. But they think that I'm just experimenting because I'm drunk"

"Oh" I nod. "Aren't you worried?"

"No" Devin shakes his head. "Mike's my best friend. Other than Kevin and Marc. And Reggie knows what it's like to be outed before you're ready. So he wouldn't do that to me"

"Do the boys know?" I ask and suddenly Devin's demeanor shifted. He looked upset. Depressed even.

"No. I don't want them to know" Devin sighs. "Kevin's, well he's Kevin. You know" I nod. "And Marc has enough shit going on. Especially with Dad. He might let it slip during a fight and I don't want that"