Spidey Powers (Peter Centric)

**Kind of an extension of "There's Something About Peter" (Chapter 6 of this fic), but you don't necessarily have to read the first one to get it. Also, I definitely made up powers based on facts about spiders so this is totally not cannon compliant. And I mixed stuff from different types of spiders and probably exaggerated - arachnologists beware.

The Avengers were quick to adapt to the information that the teenager who spent his weekends with them was Spiderman. They'd dealt with Steve and Bucky's accidental bouts of super strength, Bruce's random periods of relaxing isolation, Thor's strange eating habits, Natasha's constant analyzing, and Tony's eccentricities; they could deal with a bit of Peter Parker walking up the walls.

As Peter Parker became more comfortable around the team, "a bit" of strange behavior became a lot more than any of the Avengers had expected. They would probably need a little more time than they thought to adjust.

—————

"Kiss my ass bird boy" Tony yelped triumphantly as he weaved behind a building to avoid one of Clint's non-harmful arrows.

Clint groaned into the comms and turned his attention toward Sam, who was swooping in complicated patterns close to the sidewalk. Clint was currently "it" in a giant game of tag that might've spiraled out of hand.

It started with Bucky and Steve, who partook in childish games more often than one would think from their stoic appearances. The super soldiers had chased each other around the large picnic blanket where the others were seated.

Then, Sam stuck out a leg and tripped Bucky at the last second, allowing Steve to get him. Sam was dragged into the game.

Clint, Peter, and Natasha followed suit. Tony joined last, leaving Bruce, who didn't enjoy competitive games. After being tagged multiple times, Tony complained about being at a disadvantaged compared to the enhanced and highly-trained individuals. He wanted to use his suit.

Soon, everyone was using their powers, the only rules being no injuring competitors and no flying out of reach of everyone.

Clint's arrow whizzed right into Peter's side. "Peter's it!"

Peter closed his eyes and waited for the appropriate amount of time before planning his attack. That's when he saw it. A flash of blonde super solider racing behind a wall.

Peter sprinted toward Steve, determined to get his prey. Surprisingly, Peter was easily able to catch Steve without swinging from his webs.

"You don't need to go easy on me because I'm young." Peter pouted.

"I wasn't."

Peter actually looked at Steve. The man was panting and covered in sweat. He didn't have the appearance of a jogger running at a relaxed pace.

"Peter outran Steve?" Bruce asked from his spot on the blanket, having seen the whole thing.

"No way." Sam's incredulous voice came through.

"Race." Bucky suggested.

"Let's have a good old-fashion footrace." Tony grinned as the team converged back at the blanket. "Steve, Bucky, and Peter are going to start at this line and run to that building three miles away."

"Ready, Set, Go!"

The men were all finished within three minutes. Peter won by a few steps. Steve and Bucky tied.

"Jesus Christ kid. You can outrun Captain freaking America."

Peter looked down at his feet, eyes wide in shock. Apparently he hadn't realized his potential for speed until this moment. The rest of the team stared at him in awe.