Twenty

M a x P O V

"Hey what's goi—"

"Excuse me privacy!" Maia squealed as I stepped in to her room. I sighed and turned around and waited for her to put her shirt on. I've seen this girl naked, to even think I might not ever is making me sad.

"You can't just walk in to a girls room like that, you can turn around," She said. I chuckled and jumped onto her bed.

"I've seen you naked plenty of times Maia," I told her truthfully.

"Really?" She asked surprisingly surprised.

"We were dating for a little while before you ended up losing your memory," I truthfully told her. The doctor said we needed to be as honest with her as we could be. So I'm going to be.

"I love you, and I still do but you know..." I added. Her eyebrows furrowed and she looked away.

"Oh," was all I heard her pretty lips say. Things were silent and a but awkward, I hate that so I had to leave. I don't want to tear up in front of a girl who has no idea who I am.

Little steps Max...

Lunch time came around so me and Ryan decided to go out for lunch for once and leave Lara at home with Maia. Lara is probably our best bet at getting Maias' memory back.

"Just as things were getting better, something goes wrong," I frowned as we took a seat in a booth with our food.

"I don't know what it is with Maia and I don't mean to bring my sister down but every time her life is good, something bad has to happen, I don't get why someone so pure has bad luck like that," Ryan sighed playing with his food.

"You know playing with your food isn't gonna feed you," I told him. Ryan rolled his eyes before pointing to my plate, "you haven't even touched your food, at least I've like, fingered mine."

"Really?" I laughed with disbelief, he goes there...

"Sorry but anyways how has she been with you?" Ryan chuckled.

"It's like we just met, I can't see her naked as well which also su— ow?"

"Bro that's my sister," He scowled while scrunching his nose, "you let me date her," I smirked.

"You're a dick, but yeah she hasn't gotten anywhere, I haven't seen any progress and It's getting worrying," Ryan sounded like he was on the verge of tears.

"It's been what a day? Doc said it could take up to two months but most likely she'll start getting some memory back in a week or two, don't give up just yet man."

__

By the time the sun went down I was already trying to get some sleep. I want these days to go quick and the nights to go quicker, I need Maia back. I can't go any longer. If only she had a bit of memory about me but I'm a complete stranger.
It's still so hard to process, especially when you might have to gain that love and trust back.

I can't even sleep, I need fresh air.

I noticed Maia was in the kitchen grabbing a drink, as much as I wanted to go see her I really needed air.
I stepped out the back door and sat on the grass looking up at the dark sky.

I heard the door open and close behind me so I turned to see Maia walking out with two glasses of some liquid.

"Coffee?" She asked taking a seat beside me, "I won't say no, thank you," I smiled.

"What're you doing sitting out here so late?" She asked looking at me with her big curious eyes. Still gorgeous as ever...

"Needed some fresh air," I shrugged. She didn't respond but instead looked down and I watched as she fiddled with her fingers.

Her head popped up and her eyes met mine, "Can I ask you something?"

I nodded in response and waited for her to ask, our eyes never leaving each others.

"What was our relationship like?" That was a question I didn't expect her to ask me.

I smiled and chuckled to myself looking away into the distance, "I don't even know where to start."

"Maybe how we met?"

"Well, I guess it started when me and Ryan drove here because our college had some gas pipes leak or something and they had to shut school down for a few months, we had only gotten there a few minutes before you walked in the door with a sports bra on and some leggings on, I couldn't get my eyes off you but in respect for Ryan I had to, I could talk about you for years, are you sure you want me to continue?" I asked Maia and stopping myself from rambling.

"Yes continue."

"Okay, I remember you went to bed early as fuck and I left Ryan to get you up, these were some of my favourite times because I will always remember the effect I had had on you—"

"Effect? What effect?" She cut me off with a look of disbelief.

"I could always make you blush or smile, one compliment and you'd get all giddy which has stained my brain with your smile," I looked to Maia and like I expected she blushed and looked away.

"Did we ever argue?" She asked.

"Most of them were little, we almost broke up thou—"

"Why?"

"Uhm well because of my Dad, we were out for dinner and my relationship with my Dad isn't great, as you use to know so I stormed out of the place because my Dad was there and being a dick, and you walked out and I got emotional and went all if wanna go with him then go and you got all 'I'm not gonna get with your Dad' or something like that, long story short it was a very petty argument," I told her truthfully. Doc said we have be 100% honest so that's what I'm going to be.

"So we were really boyfriend and girlfriend?" She questioned.

"We didn't put a label on it, we said we love each other which was more than enough, hm did I mention we had a pregnancy scare too?" I smirked. I miss that trip, I also don't because it was then Maia lost her memory.

"I could've been pregnant? With your baby?" She questioned. I chuckled at her reaction and nodded in response.

"Yeah, well you hid it from me but it turned out you were just sick so that was a good thing in a way because of college," This conversation is going better than I thought it would.

"Oh yeah college, I hope we can still be friends in college, I know I don't remember you or Ryan who is meant to be my brother but I hope we can still be friends," she smiled and patted my back... Patted? We aren't meant to be pals, what the f—

"Hopefully we can, I'm tired I'm gonna shoot to bed, you should to, night Maia," I didn't bother turning around. I didn't want to see her face, hearing her say 'goodnight Max' was enough.

It doesn't even seem like she cares enough to try and get her memory back. Yea she wouldn't take any notice to it because she knows of most things but me and Ryan.

Time Max... Time.

But what if that time never comes?

___

Hiiii! Before you click off and wait for the next chapter, which I'll try and get out soon. Hopefully.
I just wanna say thank you for reading my storyyy! It means a LOT!

Tbh I don't know what I'm doing with this story but I'm enjoying it and I hope you are too xx

Byeee!