Chapter 40: Finally Reunited

((Amaya's POV))

I couldn't believe my own eyes. I was looking at him he's gotten much, much more skinnier and he looked like he'd been crying. It's been months since I last seen him.

"C-Carl?" I cry out.

He nods and swallows.

I run up and hug him, putting my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck; like those romantic scenes in movies.

Except this is real.

Well, at least I'm trying to convince myself it is.

I inhale his natural scent he's always had and grip his hair, he let's me go and says,

"God I've missed you." He hugs me again,

"Me too." I smiled at him,

He kisses my neck and slowly moves up,

"I love-" Carl begins.

"Ahem," Tara coughs, interrupting us

"Still here." She says rocking back and forth on her heels of her feet.

"Do you know where my dad is?" He asks,

I shake my head referring to no; he eyes lower and he nods while sighing

"I have a surprise for you! Stay here." I say putting him in a standing position.

((Carls POV))

I feel horrible here I am thanking the lord that she's safe and with me; but in reality she should of never came. God should of punished me for being such a horrible person; sleeping with Anna, having no faith what-so-ever and most of all just being a plain bitch.

I let her go of the hug and kissing.

"I have a surprise for you," Amaya says.

"Stay here." She commands.

I do as told and wait a good 5 minutes, than she comes in with a car-seat, she opens the top and I can't believe my eyes.

Judith? It can't be. I saw her old car seat filled with blood.

Tears fill my eyes as I see her tiny puffy eyes shut and her chest moving up and down.

I hug her and kiss her little cheek and I put her in a bed.

I found Amaya sleeping in the other room, I take off my jeans and slip into bed with her.

"Mmm." She turns over and smiles at me,

She kisses my cheek, my nose, my forehead, but not my lips.

I frown at her, secretly wondering if my breathe smelled or she could tell I did something wrong.

"The best for last." She whispers.

I grab her face and press my lips against hers,

"I've missed you so fucking much." I say,

She smiles into the kiss.

We eventually pull apart, and she goes to sleep. Hand in hand and body against body.

I stay up all night still trying to come up with ways to tell her what happened the night before. How I was raped, drugged, and I had sex with Anna, but I was still trying to come to terms with it myself. She's dead now, and I still can't believe it, who would do what they did to her.

My mind wonders to places I don't want it too but I look down at Amaya and suddenly everything's okay. When I look at her, I don't feel empty or numb. I get this warm feeling in my chest and I feel so full or pleased with myself.

It's been around 2 years or so since I first met her at that party. When I was still young and thought I knew everything, so much has happened between back then and now.

I look at the scar on her neck, the one Cayden gave to her so long ago and I feel sorrow. I remember hitting her after we got into some dumb argument and I feel horrible. After 2 years, I still feel guilty for that, now looking at her sweet innocent face.

All our arguments and disagreements were meaningless and I would take them all back if I could. All that wasted time, trying to get the last word when I get be learning more about her and what makes her, her. We become separated too often and I'm not sure how many times I've lost her but I know that,

I'm never going to lose her again. I'd do anything for her and to make sure that never happens.

A/n
Hey guys short chapter, but with more details! They become together again! Poor Carl is so conflicted, I have some drafts for the ending. Sadly, it's coming soon :( I know how far I want this story to go and it's coming to an end. But you never know, maybe I'll make a sequel or add a couple fillers and/or edit some things in or out! Keep a look out, and thank you guys for everything!