Chapter 8

Adira POV

"I love you." The words left my lips before I could stop them making me blush deeper as he pulls away looking at me and giving me a smile letting his hands rest on my bare hips.

"I love you." He says back making me smile shyly.

"Let's go take a bath and go to sleep." He says kissing my nose and getting up making me pout.

"What are you planing to do with Seraphina?" I ask him while looking for cloth to wear to sleep.

"What do you mean?" He asks walking to the bathroom with his bag.

"Well what did the doctor say? Is her ability coming back?" I ask.

"He said it should be back in 4 days, so two more days to go." He says from the bathroom as I make my way there with my cloth in hand.

"What happens if it doesn't come back? Wouldn't that actually make her a cripple?" I ask looking at him as he takes his cloth off.

"Don't say that.. it can't be that." He says looking down before getting in the shower as I put my hair up to not get it wet.

"But what if it is? I mean think about it, we encountered a team without much power yet they still managed to jam our abilities and hurt us.. what's stopping us from believing this is permanent?" I ask sighing.

"Still, there's what that guy said too." I say.

"What did he say?" John asked.

"You know the part about his life being disposable but not hers. There's the possibility that she still has her ability but just like the jamming they caused to our abilities whatever they injected her with has the ability to stop her from using it at their will. I mean why else would they even come back for her? And there's still the chance that it was still incomplete and they needed her for something else.. or they could want to use her ability for themselves.. but how?" I ask clenching my hands while looking in the mirror as John stayed quiet.

"Let's hope she does get her ability back by then.. because if I'm right, this is much bigger than even the authorities." I mumble.

"Let's just worry on resting for now, we have another long day tomorrow." He say as he steps out of the shower wrapping a towel around his waist.

"Right." I say finally starting undressing before getting in the shower. I have to calm my head, I'll worry about all this if she really lost her ability, there's no use thinking about this now. After my shower I dried myself and got dressed walking to the bed but see John sitting on the desk doing homework.

"You weren't lying about the homework huh?" I ask hugging him from behind as he worked.

"No.. how come you don't have homework if we're taking the same classes?" He asks glancing at me as I look at the papers he was doing and smirk.

"Because I did it in the classroom and already hand it to the teachers." I say as he sighs.

"Of course you did." He says making me giggle.

"Here I'll help you, that way we can go to sleep together." I say helping him with the homework explaining the things he didn't understand. Maybe an hour later we finished and headed to bed falling asleep in each others arms.

~~

"John?" I ask confused as he slammed the door open and pinned me to the fence behind me before connecting his lips to mine. This was forced, meaning he was mad at something. This brought back a lot of memories. I place my hands on his shoulders kissing back softly rubbing his shoulders trying to calm him and a minute later he pulls away, his eyes glaring. He really must be mad.

"He's late." He says causing me to tilt my head.

"Who?" I ask.

"Arlo... Seraphina got hurt and it was his job to protect her." He says.

"Wait.. she was hurt? Why would you put Arlo of all people to protect her?" I ask him.

"Because people will listen to him, I left his King tittle alone and the only thing I ask of him he fails to do." Suddenly the door opens and out comes the one and only Arlo.. or should I call him Asslo?

"What took you so long? You're late." John says angrily letting go of me and facing Asslo.

"Late my ass. I'm not some servant you can just call on whenever you feel like it." Asslo says making me raise a brow and take a seat, this is definitely gonna be a good show.

"And yet here you are." John says almost making me laugh, I could never take him seriously with his hair like that.

"Seraphina just flagged me down! I put all this effort into keeping this secret for you and you go and snitch on me just like that?! What's worse, you didn't even tell her what really happened! Now she's got it out for me!" Asslo says and he looks mad.

"Good. You deserve it after everything you've done. I saw Sera in the infirmary today. She came in with a head injury." John says stepping closer to Asslo.

"So?" Asslo says with an attitude that is sure to piss John off.

"I thought I told you to keep her safe! So why was she hurt?" John asks.

"You're joking.. Don't tell me you actually expect me to watch her every move. I'll step in whenever I can, but everything else in on her. I'm the king. There's an entire student body for me to look after. Babysitting your friend isn't my job." I sigh here we go again.

"Shut up! As far as I'm concerned your job is to listen to what I say." John says back.

"You-! You may have beaten me once, but until your rank is officially higher than mine you have no right to give me any orders!" Asslo says looking down on John.

"Are you suggesting I demote you? You should be thankful I spared you your tittle. All I've done is given you one simple task. Protect Seraphina!" John says.

"Simple huh? If it's so simple, then why not do it yourself? You spend more time with her than anyone else! And your're more capable of defending her! Why push this task onto me? I already have enough crap to deal with." I bite my tongue keeping myself from answering that, if this continues John will lose it.

"That's none of your business." John says.

"Tch! So you would put her safety in someone else's hands? That's so stupid! Your actions make absolutely no sense! If I were you I wouldn't trust anyone to do it but myself-!" I get up from my seat predicting what's to happen next.

" Arlo! Just shut up and do as I say!" John yells.

"That's your response? How pathetic! All you do is yell. You don't ever use your brain, I'm done here. You're the most disappointing high-tier I've ever met. What a waste of talent." Asslo says as he starts walking away.

"Hey, get back here! Don't you dare talk to me like that!" John sprints after him punching him as I walk closer to them. Of course this was the outcome, John doesn't like him and Asslo is just that an ass who's pushing all the right buttons to make John lose it. The moment Arlo pushes John I activate my ability and take hold of his hand causing him to glare at me.

"That's quite enough. I'll be taking Seraphina's protection into my own hands. Even if that means having to beat half the school into submission. So unless you want to keep at it like this and have your followers one by one pile up in the infirmary or hospital I suggest you get in your place. Because unlike John I'm not posing as a cripple and my ability is superior to yours, and unlike him I won't dethrone you in privet but in front of the whole school. So be careful who the hell you're talking to and how you speak to them." I say glaring at him as he glares right back at me before backing down with a tsk.