The Perrons' case

Lorraine's POV

When we arrived at the Perrons' family house, I sensed there was a lot going on on the premises. So much energy was left behind in the years the farm house stood over there, it was overwhelming.

I knocked on the door, Carolyn opened it. Her husband Roger stood behind her, and their five daughters were standing in the living room, which was filled with mattresses. "We... we all sleeping down here now," Carolyn explained. "The girls feel safer and it's warmer.
I'm constantly turning up the heat but the house is always freezing." And Roger picked in, "It's not a problem with the furnace though.I mean, not that I can find."
Since Ed didn't posses my gift, he always wanted to hear the story. I, on the other hand, had already seen the entity that was plaguing this family. We went upstairs and Carolyn told us that all the clocks stopped at 3:07. The devil's hour started at three am. And when she showed us the wardrobe and told about the cellar, I immediately wanted to go there.

It was dark in the cellar, even though there was a light bulb burning. I heard screams of agony and despair. Ed snapped me out of it "You picking up anything in here, Hon?" It all floated away but I knew enough, I turned around to look at him. "Something awful happened here, Ed."

As Ed went on to the interview, I went to talk with the family's youngest, April. Who, according to Carolyn, had an imaginary friend. At least that's what she hoped.
The little girl was a sweetheart! For a moment I saw Judy and then a glimpse of the baby that would've been expected any day now. I quickly rejected that "vision"... I smiled and asked April "Mom and Dad tell me that you have a friend." The young girl nodded, "His name is Rory. He lives here, too." I could see her little head thinking "But he's always sad." Uh oh, here it comes, "Why is that?" I asked. "He won't tell me. But I think something bad happened to him." This definitely wasn't an imaginary friend! "Do you mind if I try to see Rory?" April passed me the music box.

I opened it up and turned the key. The music started playing and the mirror turned around. A moved it from side to side, and just like that I saw a boy, who disappeared as quickly as he had shown himself.

I wanted to check outside. The property sure was beautiful, especially with the lake at the back of the garden. But there was lots of energy around me, lots of emotions too. Ed came outside "Hey!" But at the same time I heard a cracking sound of rope on a tree, it made me flinch. I turned around and there she was. "What is it?" Ed asked worried. The entity that was haunting this family, was hanging from that tree. I suddenly felt very dizzy and Ed rushed to catch me as I almost fell down.

We told the Perrons their house needed an exorcism. "I've been seeing the dark entity that's haunting your house and your land." I told them. "I saw it first when I came through your door. It was latched to your back. And then I saw it again with the girls when we walked in the living room." They both looked shocked, "And it doesn't matter where you go, this dark entity has latched itself to your family. And its feeding off of you." Carolyn asked with a trembling voice "Even if we... leave?"

Why is it that people always think that hauntings stop when you move away from a place? "It's like stepping on gum, you take it with you," I heard Ed explain. "I have to tell you, you have a lot of spirit in here. But this is the one that I'm the most worried about because it is so hateful." We explained what was going to happen next. We needed to gather evidence in order for the church to step in and perform the exorcism. But the family didn't go to church, nor were the girls baptised. That was going to complicate things...

When we got home, we were just in time for Judy's bedtime. My mom was going up the stairs, when we entered the front door. "It's alright, mom," I said, " I'll put her to bed!" And I gave her a kiss and passed her to go to Judy's room. When I walked through the door of her bedroom, Judy's eyes lit up. Clearly she wasn't expecting me to come in and quickly moved her pillow. I went to sit on her bed, "Judy, what are you up to?" I asked her as she stroked my hair. "I got you a present", and she lifted up the pillow to reveal two lockets. "Me and Nana got this at the Church's yard sales." She continued.
I was surprised, and I couldn't hide it, "Honey! Oh!" And she handed me my locket, "One for you and one for me. I put a picture of you and Daddy into mine. Nana said with this we will always be together." I watched as I was holding mine and she was holding hers next to mine. All three of us were smiling back at me. "You'll be with me and I'll be with you." She explained, a sadness in her voice. "I miss you and Daddy." That came out of Judy's heart, I could feel it . I sighed and took her into my arms.

I knew Judy missed us. Even though we hadn't had many cases recently, we still were away a lot of the time. Too much for an 8- year old. I wish it were different, sometimes. Even though she has my mom when we are away, she is lonely. No one to speak to, to play with... I kissed her goodnight and put out the lights. I went downstairs lost in my thoughts.

I reached the study, and started to do some research. I found loads of information on the land of the Perrons. I was right, a lot of things happened there, and it wasn't pretty! The locket was ticking against the desk as I wrote things down. I took it in my hands and opened it up. Judy was looking back at me, her beautiful dark eyes revealed the innocence in her soul, even in a picture. Then my eyes slid to the second, empty space. It made me want to cry, knowing that there could've been a picture of our second child in it. "Hey, Hon?" I was brought back to reality by his voice and closed the locket. "Yeah?"
"You're not gonna believe this. Carolyn's voice didn't record." Puzzled by what he said I asked, "What do you mean?" He didn't explain, he just said "Listen."

There was nothing on the tape where Carolyn was supposed to be talking. There was only silence. "Nothing! The whole time. I don't know, did you find anything?" He asked me.
"A lot. That makes no wonder they going through what they are." And I showed him what I had found.

There another chapter. I'm gonna try to add some more of my own "story" in the next chapter. But the movies are an important part of the story and it gives an impression of how my story fits in the movie. If you've enjoyed the story so far comment below, any tips are welcome too!