77

By the time Adam and his father (Dylan) came to collect Essie it was already dark. Immediately, Essie collapsed into Adam's embrace (something reserved for people he actually cares about, a rarity if you will), she buried herself deep into his hold and didn't remove herself for the whole three hour journey. (Two hours to get out of the countryside and a further hour into the city). Instantly he knew something was up. And he feared that he would have to tarnish Harry Holland's beautiful face.

"What's up whore?" He asked softly so that his dad couldn't hear, although, Dylan actually could hear everything but decided to stay out of it.

Essie shuddered, she took hold of Adam's hand and did not say a word. She couldn't bring herself to speak just yet, afraid of losing her best friend whose harmless jokey nicknames could very well be filled with truth and spite from the new revelation which had come to light. Adam respected her decision to stay silent and kissed her forehead softly, adjusting his position so they both were much more comfortable.

When they arrived at the house, Dylan left the two to their own devices and went to watch some television whilst Adam and Essie retired to the bedroom. As soon as the door closed shut Adam stared at Essie intently. It was time for some answers.

"What is going on?" He demanded, standing tall with his arms crossed over this chest and his jaw clenched. "I swear, I will castrate Harry if he has done something."

Essie's lips trembled, "I don't know what to do."

"Do what? Essie, what's going on, Hun?"

"I don't want to lose Harrison and Prop."

"What? Why would you lose them?"

Adam stepped towards Essie who was perched on his bed, her legs tightly shut and her head bowed to look at them. "And I don't want to lose you."

"Essie. Please, for God's sake, explain."

"I'm pregnant, Adam."

He fell to the ground and started to move in such a weird movement that one can only describe it as seizure-like as randomly letters flowed from his lips. It went on for very few moments before he leaped up and stared at her like a kid in front of a sweet shop. "You're gonna have a baby?"

"That is what being pregnant involves, yes."

Adam grinned very much like Cheshire Cat in Alice's adventures in wonderland and hugged his best friend. "Dang, you're going to be one sexy baby mamma, whore-face."

Essie chuckled. She was so glad to have not lost Adam. The same can't be said for her brother and cousin. "Adam, I don't know if I can keep it."

"What?!"

"Like I want to. And so does Harry but I can't lose Prop and Harrison. I'd never forgive myself."

"They're not happy about it?" Essie shook her head, her curls flying everywhere, "Hun, you can't have a termination just because your brother and cousin are stupid. They'll come round. If you want this baby, then you keep this baby, and as much as children aren't my thing, I'll always be here. Uncle Adam, just sounds too cute to say no."

"I really want to keep them," she pressed her hand to her stomach, "but it's Harrison and Prop."

"They will come round. Now, let's watch some Sonic the Hedgehog videos to keep your mind off of their idiocy."

"Okay."

* * *

"Mate, they're not stupid. I know they're young but we're talking about Harry and Essie here, Harrison, they'll be fine. They have all of us to make sure they will be."

"It's not that, Tom. I am happy that they're having a baby. As much as I haven't shown it, I really am but, I'm scared. I can't lose Essie."

"She's only pregnant."

"Yeah and she's not at her best, health wise that is, what if this baby make it worse. What if she loses the baby? What if she dies?" Harrison's voice broke and he dropped the phone onto the bed, leaning his head in his hands.

Tom bit his lip, he hadn't thought about any of this, and Harrison was right for worrying. His points were all valid. "She will be fine. Someone will be with her every step of the way—"

"SHE'S GONE!"

Fra's voice screamed and the door seemed to slam into the wall. Harrison grasped his phone and rushed out of the room, leaning over the banister to see Fra freaking out. "Some stuff is gone and so is she."

"Essie?"

"No Tesco the horse! Of course, Essie, Seamus!"

Harrison fell to his knees. "Tom's she's runaway. It's all my fault..."

"It's not. She's probably trying to come to Harry. We'll let you know if she turns up. In the mean time Harrison, please, try and think about how she feels and how she wants this baby. There are risks but if you really love her you'll help her dodge them. Now get out and start looking for our little ginge."

"I will... thanks Tom..."