VI.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❝ i'm alive, and livings just a beating heart

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
i'm alive, and livings just a
beating heart.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⚌⚌

EGGS BENEDICT and orange juice. the plate sat mainly untouched, some of the brunch pushed around by a lazy fork and ring-clad hand. taehyung wasn't really hungry at the moment, his martini was still swimming through his veins and calling for more.

"have you been listening?" the voice broke him from his thoughts and the boy looked up across the table. obviously be hadn't been.

"my apologies, father." taehyung said. he set the fork down and looked out from the balcony of the hotel suite. it was just past noon, they were eating late today since his dad had a meeting with some board members about construction near the beaches. he stopped listening nearly a minute in.

mr. kim sighed and set down his newspaper, the look he sent his son was missed yet again by the boy who seemed more interested in the day dreams plaguing his mind. "maybe you should stay in today. i cant have my son wandering the lobby looking dazed." his dad said before standing and fixing the jacket of his suit. that's almost what the boy wanted, an excuse to stay in bed and not get reprimanded for being too lazy.

"yes, father." taehyung said. his tone never changed much, very monotonous and unlively to most, except it wasn't noted by anyone. the main attention that was paid to him was for his pretty face or connection to his father.

taehyung stood up from the table and left the full plate to lay in bed with an empty stomach and mind full of thoughts.

when his head hit the pillow, he remembered the ravenette from earlier. it didn't make sense to see him around again, there was no point as to why jungkook would show up and stand at the bar — especially now knowing the strict circumstances.

maybe he wanted to see you again. his mind wandered the possibilities.

they talked for one night, don't be dumb taehyung, he reminded himself.

the ceiling fan was nearly hypnotic as he laid there staring up at it spin around. taehyung could waste the day and just lay here thinking about the raven haired boy and the remembering how free it felt to be speeding through the tunnel with nothing faster then them but the wind in their hair.

seeing him in the bar again was puzzling, actually seeing jungkook the first time was enough to confuse anyone. if the boy was open enough to even let people near him, they could easily tell the usan hotel was definitely not his typical scene. any free time was spent either in the living room with jimin or somewhere racing in his car.

taehyung finally sat up and reached for his laptop at the foot of the hotel bed. the white covers contrasted greatly with the black device as he opened the top and went to google.

"this is dumb." he mumbled to himself, but his fingertips continued to move over the keys as he typed the name.

nothing showed up. there were no pictures or news articles or even social media links that connected the name with a photo that taehyung could recognize as the handsome raventte who owned him a drink.

the curiosity was getting the best of him and taehyung just wanted to know more. he needed to know more — well, he just needed someone to talk to that wasn't his father or one of the staff standing by the suite doors.

maybe he could go down to the bar again, if he pretended he was dyslexic then the clock kind of looked like it was 6 pm so technically he could get another drink and not feel bad that it's still early. the brunette nodded and pulled himself out of bed to grab a coat and nicer pair of shoes to wear down to the lobby.

the hotel was always full of the same type of people. woman had on fancy dresses even during the day and faces full of makeup that just made them more stunning. the men had on suits and a lady on their arm by their expensive watches. people walked around looking at the art and talking quietly about who knows what. taehyung sometimes thought the guests themselves looked like a painting, the blur of bodies walking back and forth like robots, each of them looking the same and smearing together into a piece to forever hang in the lobby.

taehyung was walking down the staircase when he realized why jungkook was on his mind so much these past couple days. the boy just stood out. he didn't fit into the painting of snobby rich people and facades held up so guests felt like they fit in. jungkook walked in and it's as if the sea parted and a light shone on him.

the dark colors he wore and eyes tilted down made it seem like he was hoping to blend, to be hidden among the others he passed.

but he just had to walk right up to taehyung, and he had to open his mouth, and he had to start something that set the two of them on a downward spiral into wishing to see the other next somewhat soon.

there had to be more to it. taehyung knew this boy couldn't have just shown up out of nowhere and simply wanted to walk into a hotel, where he wasn't a guest at, to stand in a bar where he couldn't order a drink.

maybe he would feel a little at peace knowing the ravenette was thinking about him too. neither of them necessarily obsessed with the other, it's too early for anything like that.

but jungkook knew it too. he couldn't deny the little nag of thoughts at the back of his mind when him and namjoon left the usan, pamphlets in their hands and schemes in their heads. the raventte remembered the look in the boys eyes, a distant glance as that drink swam in his veins and brown orbs.

jungkook wasn't sure why the boy was so intriguing, and why he would be where he was. the careful little spirit he saw when they were driving that night disappeared the second they stepped into the lobby again. it's like taehyung had two personalities — but he did too.

a surge of guilt twisted in jungkooks stomach as he walked back into the apartment and barely listened to his two friends going on about the job. it was his idea, and by no means was he having second guesses, nothing would make him change his mind about a job. he's not exactly sure what is was that bothered him, but jungkook knew he was going to fix it. and maybe buy a drink for the boy so he could see him again.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
i have two exams this week
so wish me luck ):