~5~

"You know you can tell me everything, Alba

"You know you can tell me everything, Alba. Who knows. Maybe I can even help you. "

The best thing about a summer vacation according to Alba? It was that she could easily flee to another foreign country to work without having to answer the message of her alleged friends.

After admitting to her brother that she wanted to stop pretending, Alba soon realized that the task would be more complex than she thought. In spite of her determination to think that she felt nothing but contempt for the Nuniers, she had recognized that she had attached herself to the children. So ceased overnight to talking to them had not been an option. Even worse, she doubted that Guzman would let her do it anyway.

He was a pre-adolescent surprisingly persistent for his age. And his privileged status had made him somewhat capricious. He couldn't stand to see things slide out of his control. Better still, he couldn't stand to see people escape his control. It was a fact that she quickly noticed in him. Especially with his youngest sister Marina.

So Alba must have been smarter on that one. She had been waiting for the summer holidays to cut the bridges with the worldliness of Spain.

She had even changed her phone number simply to be relieved of this burden.

Unfortunately, like every summer, there was a return to school and Alba knew that it was that day that would decide her future. It would be enough for her to continue to ignore them. They must certainly be quite upset by her disappearance.

Niccolò, who was not really aware of her plan, ended up calling her during the summer to ask her why he kept receiving messages asking if she was okay.

She had to explain her plan in detail, receiving a laugh and a slight reprimand for not having warned him earlier.

Anyway, she was ready for anything that was going to be thrown in her way. She was going to take control of her life no matter the consequences.

-----------------------

It had become a sort of ritual for Alba.

Every time she passed the doors of Las Encinas, she paused on the top of the stone stairs to catch her breath before descending the steps with a small smile of relief. In a sense, she thought she could understand what an inmate felt when he was released.

It was so much for her. Las Encinas was her personal hell.

Strolling among the most luxurious cars driven by drivers, Alba headed for the bridge overlooking the lake. She did not need a driver or even a private car to drive her home. She could take the bus perfectly. It had become a habit for her. A way to stay true to your ideas.

However, she was quick to spot Nadia's blue hijab. With a new goal in mind, Alba accelerated her pace to catch up with the brunette muslim.

"Hey, Nadia, wait for me!" Alba called. The brunette glanced over her shoulder at once before showing a small smile as she paused to wait for her." You go home ?"