twenty five

a few weeks had passed since jeno and jaemin had last seen each other. each day was mostly normal at the cafe, the only oddity being that jaemin didn't come anymore.

on the first day that jaemin didn't come, while closing down, renjun asked jeno, "did jaemin come, or did i miss him because of my lunch break?"

jeno shook his head and tried not to look disappointed. he failed though, and renjun noticed, "hey, it's okay if he didn't come. now, you have time to hang out with me. let's go get ice cream after we finish cleaning up."

jeno accepted and going out for ice cream with renjun was what jeno needed to cheer up.

the next day when jaemin didn't come again, renjun took jeno out for more ice cream. they went for ice cream every day after that.

.

jeno, licked his ice cream. since it was almost november, there were hardly ever any other people who would come to this ice cream shop, being that it's too cold for ice cream.

"alright, if you could have any job what would it be?" renjun asked after finishing his ice cream cone.

"maybe a rapper. could you imagine, the name 'lee jeno' being famous?" jeno smiled at the thought, "how about you?"

"maybe a therapist. it always make me happy to see people's emotional state improve." the older smiled at jeno.

as much as jeno wanted to say 'speak normal', he also couldn't help but smile at his friend that was always there for him.

his thoughts were interrupted by a buzz in his pocket. he pulled his phone out and was confused at the message he received.

nana:):
come to my house?

--

ice cream parlor, ice cream shop ?  i have no idea anymore

it's never too cold for ice cream

at my school, someone taped a piece of paper to their locker and it says "stan nct cowards" and i died when i saw it,, just thought i would share :D