Chapter 26: I'm sorry

A few tears roll down my cheek as I recall back to the "good times" like they say," You never appreciate something until it's gone." They were right, my dumb, naive self didn't think about how much losing Harry would hurt. Mostly because I thought I wouldn't ever lose him, that no matter what I did, or what I said the he'd always be the person to stick with me. Of course when you dump that person and date there brother it seems to ruin everything. Without Tom I was sad and desperate, without Harry I'm alone. No matter how many more people I meet, or how many more people I'm friends with if Harry's not one of them I'll always be alone. As my whimpers turned to cries I heard a thump against the tree.

I look down, past the leaves and branches to see a glimpse of my best friend, Harrison. I sucked in a breath and wiped away my tears as I noticed he was heading up. Soon enough he was sitting in front of me.

"Why are you here, you know Tom's looking for you right," he says as his blue eyes shimmer in the sunlight.

Harrison always manages to have himself look like happiness itself while I probably look like the embodiment of death.

"Yeah, right, I'll just head down," I say as I swing my legs over the trunk ready to jump down.

"Wait, are you alright," he asks.

"Yeah I'm fine," I say as I look ahead to the Hollands house.

"Wow," Harrison says exasperated.

"What do you mean 'wow'," I say as I look at him.

"I thought we were best friends Y/n," he says offended.

"We are,"

"So then why won't you tell me what's wrong,"

"Because nothing is,"

"Bullshit, tell me,"

I pause.

"Harry," is all I say, my head down, my eyes focused at the billowing field of grass below.

"You wanna be with Harry, over Tom," he asks.

"No, no, I just miss Harry y'know? I mean wouldn't you miss Tom if he decided he's never going to talk to you again,"

"Well yeah, but it's not like Harry's never gonna talk to you again,"

"Harrison are your trousers in a twist, Harry can't even remain in eye contact with me, how on earth will he ever speak to me again," I say with exaggeration and exhaust despite the fact that every word I said is entirely true and keeps me worrying every night.

What if Harry never speaks to me again?

"Y/n you're crazy for thinking he'd never talk to you again, not to sound cheesy but your best friend is the one who always comes back, who always loves you, Harry'll come around I promise,"

"Yeah well apparently best friends are also the one to fall in love with your brother than date you, then break up wit you and ate your brother.....again," I say putting a strong emphasis on the word again.

"It's all my fault Harrison, nothing would've happened if I wasn't such a div, if I could just be a good friend this mess wouldn't be happening, Harry would be smiling and happy and talking, and I wouldn't feel like shit all the time!" I say before putting my head in my hands.

"It's not your fault," I hear a voice call from below, a raspy, solemn, urgent voice.

I look down through the various leaves and branches to see none other than Harry. He was still wearing his black hoodie and sweats, as he looked up at me I could see the dark spots and bags under his eyes. Tears filled to the brim as I saw the sight of my best friend, as this was the first time he's talked to me in I can't remember when.

"H- Harry," I stutter to say his name.

I swallow hard, before hopping down to meet him.

As my feet hit the ground there I was standing in front of the infamous Harry Holland. I wanted to cry but I couldn't let him see me like that, especially when he has it much worse right now. So held in my tears, though I'm sure it was obvious seeing my eyes go red and lips start to quiver.

I couldn't take it anymore, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him in to a hug, tears ran down my cheek staining his sweater, luckily I wasn't too embarrassed when I felt the bittersweet cold of his tears on my shoulder.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered into his shoulder.

"It's alright," he breaths.