Chapter 6

Once in Paris, Nathalie took a shower. It was the second of the day, but it felt so good to be home. She sat in her usual desk; she was back to reality.

Nathalie worked for about 4 hours straight, until she heard her boss's calling.

Gabriel was in his studio working on that design he needed to deliver.

-NATHALIE! - he sounded angry.

Nathalie was used to his mood, so she didn't really mind anymore.

-Yes, Sir? - she said opening the door of his studio.

He didn't answer.

-Yes, Sir? - she repeated.

-I can't finish it. I don't know why I just can't. There is something missing... What do you think?

-Me? Sir? I am just your assistant, my opinion...

-Is really helpful, you wouldn't be here otherwise.

-Alright - she wasn't going to fight with him over this. -Let me see it.

Gabriel turned a mannequin around. It was a beautiful long nightgown. It was purple more like dark violet. The color and texture of the fabric had Nathalie delighted. She walked towards the mannequin.

-Sir? Are you kidding? It is gorgeous - Nathalie was truly amazed by the beauty of this dress. -But wait, I thought the dress was green.

-Yeah, well, I didn't like the fabric.

-Sir, this is... one of the best designs I have ever seen. I swear - said Nathalie running a hand through the purple satin and chiffon.

Gabriel felt truly flattered by her words but right now, looking at Nathalie, standing right next to the mannequin. He had a brilliant idea.

-Put it on - he snapped.

-What?

-Yes, that's it put it on - he smiled. -That's what's missing. Life.

-I don't understand sir.

-Just put it on, please - he said putting on those puppy eyes, the same ones Adrien used when he wanted something.

-Alright.

After 5 minutes Nathalie was back on Gabriel's studio with the dress on. Since it didn't have a zipper yet, she had to hold it to her body with her hands. Of course, in order for the dress to suit, she had to take off her bra.

-Ok, Nat, you're... - Gabriel couldn't finish his sentence. Just the image of his assistant, bare shoulders, bare arms, bare chest, bare back along with the opening on her right leg was enough to make him shiver. Her perfect pearl skin in contrast with the dark fabric. The image was spectacular.

He couldn't do but stare, he didn't mind Nathalie noticing.

-Umm, sir? - she asked. -What do you want me to...

-Of course, come here - he told her. -May I ...?

Nathalie understood he was asking permission to touch her, to touch her body.

-Of course - she answered blushing up and looking down into the floor.

Gabriel fixed the satin and the chiffon on the breast area. He was very careful not to touch Nathalie's delicate skin.

-Hold it here - he asked her. She did.

Then he moved down into her waist, he kneeled in front of her and worked on a stitch he didn't quite like.

He was very cautious. His expert hands moved through the fabric so lightly. He stood up and took a step back. He analyzed every inch of fabric. He slowly turned Nathalie around.

-Time to work the back- he said.

Nathalie was having trouble breathing. She was amazed by Gabriel's proximity but also for the respect he was showing her.

While Gabriel worked the back of the dress, he saw Nathalie's back exposed. Her back, from her neck to the las curve of her lower back was exposed to him. He wanted to caress that perfect skin, that looked smoother than the satin he was holding.

-Don't move, I might hurt you with the pins - he warned her.

She froze. He worked fast securing the dress in its place. With the pins in position, there was no way the dress was slipping of her body.

-You can breathe, you know - he smiled at her.

She laughed softly.

-You can let it go - he said

She put her arms down, she was thankful, she couldn't feel them anymore.

Gabriel took another step back. He observed the dress, he observed the woman in it.

He took her hand and pulled her towards him.

Nathalie realized Gabriel was dancing softly with her.

-What are you doing, Gabriel? - she asked.

-Dancing, it's obvious.

-Why?

-I need to see the fabric in movement. I want it to feel alive, I want it to be an extension of your beautiful body.

Nathalie blushed. She hid her face in his neck. He softly laid his head on top of hers. He intentionally, yet gently, brushed Nathalie's exposed lower back. He could see her skin bristling.

So, she wasn't so indifferent towards him. Gabriel smiled.

-Can you please tell me why you called out my name last night? - he asked.

-What? - Nathalie stopped dancing immediately.

-No, I don't mind, I just wanted to know.

"SHIT!"

-I... I can't remember - she muttered.

-Really? - he crooked his smile again.

He was definitively teasing her. Yet she felt possessed by him. She moved a few millimeters closer to him.

She passed her arms behind his neck. He started pulling her closer and closer, his hands on the bare skin of her back. Nathalie was floating in this studio. There was nowhere else she wanted to be.

Three knocks on the door.

Nathalie let go of him.

-Father, Nathalie you're back... Wow! Nathalie, you look amazing - said the familiar voice of their favorite child.