Chapter 99: Fifth Life - Reviving Sect Leader

We travel for a couple days, meeting the foot of the mountain where Invigorating Essence Sect is located. Chuju exits the carriage ahead.

"Fei Fei, you're home," I whisper to the cat in the basket. Her big blue eyes stare back with contempt.

The carriage leaves us, and I take a moment to inhale the healing air around us.

After exhaling loudly, I complain. "Damn it, it's going to be a pain to walk the stairs all the way there."

"What do you mean, Young Miss? They have a lift over there."

"Say what now?"

It's true. There is a line of people waiting to take a lift all the way up to the Sect. The fast moving lift is built out of metal with visible ropes navigating the secured rise and fall.

"Young Miss, look! There's two of them. Let's get in line for one."

"Sure."

We don't wait long in the line. As we step on the lift, I notice it is guarded by a force field of power that inhibits one's body to go overboard. Looks like they thought of almost everything.

When we exit off the lift, a young man dressed in novice robes approach us with questions, "What are your symptoms?"

"What?" I ask.

"What are you here for? You sick?" He asks again with less enthusiasm.

"I'm not here to seek treatment. I'm here to meet with your Sect Leader."

"Are you joking?"

"I am not?"

"The Sect Leader passed away a year ago. We have yet to select a new Sect Leader."

"Sect Leader Qie has died? Then who's in charge around here?"

"It would be the Chief of Education, Head Physician Huang."

"I need to meet with Head Physician Huang then."

"Not just anyone can meet with Head Physician Huang-- You're taking up my time. Go stand over there."

Rude fool!

I'll tell Head Physician Huang what an annoying disciple that kid is! How are you going to gain a patient's trust with that kind of attitude? When I was a practicing physician, I understood that we have to treat patients with kindness and respect. That's the first step to being a good physician.

"Young Miss, what do we do?"

"It's fine. I know my way around here... Well, it's been so long I don't know how much has changed."

"But you've never been here before?" Chuju tilts her head, confused by what I said.

Not wanting to explain myself, I hurry her along. "Come on. No one's watching."

Successfully avoiding getting caught, Chuju and I walked around the sect in loops. I can't quite figure out the correct location of Tian Guang Hall and lead us to random corners.

"Young Miss, where are we going? It's been an hour."

I halt my steps. Chuju, almost running into me, stops as well.

"I can't find Tian Guang Hall from here. We have to start from my old room."

"Old room?"

Now I remember quite well the area of the old room I stayed in. Since the place I frequently went to and from was that living quarters, I'm sure I can retrace my steps.