Chapter Thirteen

**Warning: Slight Grey's Anatomy spoiler about halfway through. 

"I got a twenty with your name on it sugar." The guy with the cowboy hat said, his voice a nice southern drawl. "Why don't you take your break early and come sit with me?"

I shot him a wink, scooping his empty glasses out of the way. "I'm a working girl." I explained motioning my head to the stack of dishes I carried.

He chuckled leaning back in his chair. "I see that."

I didn't stay to see what else he was going to say. I was tired and my shift was almost over. It was coming on three o'clock in the morning and I was almost off.

I had made three times as much tips as I normally made at the diner and I was ecstatic.

It wasn't too bad. Sure there was an occasional asshole who thought that Lucky's was a strip club but Martin, the buff security guard kept everyone in their place just fine.

My feet were aching though.

I tossed the dirty dishes in the back, filling up some ketchup bottles before placing them on the abandoned tables.

After wiping down the rest of my section, I peeled my apron off and tossed it over my shoulders, quickly clocking out.

"See you later, Martin." I called out walking towards the doors.

"Need an escort?"

I laughed shaking my head. I didn't have a car for him to walk me to. I thought about calling a Lyft but decided against it. It was only one bus ride to the sorority house.

Walking outside I narrowed my eyes at the car sitting in the parking lot. The windows were rolled up and there was some Taylor Swift song playing loudly through the speakers. I shook my head, tapping my fingers lightly on the driver window.

King rolled the window down, his expression exhausted. "About time. Nice outfit."

I rolled my eyes. "What are you doing here?"

He sent me a blank look. "What do you think."

I shook my head. "Kody?"

I wanted to be annoyed, but I couldn't deny that I was grateful for the ride. I had told him that I didn't need a ride numerous times.

I walked around the car, climbing into the passengers seat. "Sorry about getting you roped into this." I said getting comfortable in the seat.

King simply grumbled something that I didn't understand. He put the car in reverse and quickly backed out of the parking space.

"Can I asked you something?" I said once we were on our way.

"Pretty sure you're going to" he replied, still looking annoyed.

"What kind of shit is Kody into?" I asked before I lost the nerve.

King smirked. "Kinky shit." He said waggling his eyebrows.

I slapped his shoulder. "I'm serious, is he in a gang or not?"

I had heard rumors, but most of them seemed unbelievable.

King went rigid for a moment, "Uhh... Where do you live again?"

I stared at him, my eyes narrowed. "Kiiiinngg..."

He chuckled making a sharp left onto my street. We were pretty much the only car on the road.

"I already asked him, if that's why your being so secretive. He said it wasn't exactly a gang. I just want to know what the hell it is then."

He shrugged. "So ask him. I'm still healing from the whole 'King invited me to this party' incident."

I smacked my lips. "Okay, I apologized about that. It was a spur of the moment thing."

He pulled up outside Zeta Phi, yawning as he turned to me. "If it's any consolation he was telling the truth. It's not exactly a gang."

It wasn't any consolation, but I didn't say so. Instead I nodded unbuckling my seatbelt. "Thanks for the ride King. I really appreciate it."

He sighed. "Hey, What are friends for, right?" He was smirking.

I pursed my lips. "I don't know if I can be friends with someone named King-"

"You can't call me Matty." he said in a song song voice as he backed away from the curb. "See ya later."

*********************

I somehow made it through both my Diner shift and my next shift at Lucky's on three and a half hours of sleep.

I made good money on the Saturday crowd even though I had to deal with a group of guys from my physiology class that thought it would be funny to take pictures of me. Martin has gotten them to delete the photos but I had been embarrassed.

At three o'clock I was surprised to see Ghost waiting in his car to drive me home.

If I had felt guilty about King taking me home, it was nothing compared to how guilty I felt when it was someone I didn't even know.

I apologized millions of times until I was sure he was annoyed with me. And then I went home and slept through my alarm. When I woke up it was around ten o'clock in the morning and I had four missed calls from my boss at the Diner.

"Macy, why didn't you wake me up?" I groaned rubbing my eyes.

When I heard a whimper I quickly sat up in my bed alarmed. She was sitting on her bed, phone in hand, sobbing.

My heart dropped. "What happened?" I asked, my voice full of panic.

She shook her head. "Sorry, it's this damn Tv show. Gets me every fucking time. Why do I torture myself this way."

I dropped my head back into my pillow. "Grey's Anatomy?" I questioned with a yawn.

"That's the one." She nodded. She looked exhausted. Her hair was in two loose braids with random peices falling around her neck. Her face-which was always so fucking clear that I wanted to punch her sometimes- had tear streaks on both sides.

she was dressed in a hoodie and pajama shorts. She looked like a relaxing Sunday morning.

"I'm gonna move out." I said, because all of a sudden I was swamped with how much I was going to miss her.

She dropped the phone turning to me. "When?" She asked.

I shrugged. "Whenever my application gets approved. The place I got lined up is nice and close to campus. I couldn't pass it up."

She nodded. "So you want me to room with Mary Jane. Wooowwww..."

I laughed. "But you can come over and visit me all the time and you won't have to worry about Stella's strict rules. "

She held up a hand. "If you quit the sorority, I'm quitting too. I will literally murder Stella if she turns her attention from you to me."

I nodded it made sense. Macy got it easier than I did from Stella because Stella was always focused on me. She wasn't exactly mean but she watched me like a hawk and I hated it.

"Your boss called me, by the way." Macy said pressing play on her phone.

"Yeah, I'm gonna get written up, it's fine."

She wasn't even listening to me. Her eyes were already filling with tears as she watched Denny Duquette die for the hundredth time.