Sweet Pea x Reader

The shutting down of Southside High had impacted students from both sides of the tracks. Classes were larger, schedules were changed, hallways were crowded, and every aspect of school became louder. For you, much didn't change. You never had many friends, remaining close with few throughout the years. Jughead Jones was one of those few. However, his other friends were a different story. Betty, Veronica, and Archie were not people you wanted to associate with and Jughead was well aware, so he kept your friend groups separate. You took school seriously, and you enjoyed it. Grades were a top priority, and you studied often to achieve those grades. AP courses filled your schedule, and when you weren't in class, you were a teacher's aid. Unlike many of your peers, you were quiet, shy, and awkward around others. People made you uncomfortable. They made you stutter, your palms sweat, your hands fidget. When you first heard of the merging, you were concerned about people trying to get to know you, for kind or for sinister reasons. Thus, the night before major changes were happening, you were scared.

Your phone buzzed next to your head and woke you up from your slumber. Flipping it over lazily, you answered the phone, wiping the drool from your chin. "Hello?"

You heard a chuckle over the phone, "(Y/N), you should hurry up and get on over to school to welcome me back."

Smiling, you rolled out of bed, beginning to get dressed while you spoke. "Thanks, Juggy. Where shall we meet?"

"Blue and Gold?" He suggested and you heard the rumble of what was most likely a motorcycle. "I'll see you there, I have to go." You chuckled at your friend's antics and set your phone down. You pulled on a pair of denim skinny jeans and a white button up, slipping on a pink sweater over top, folding the collar down over the neck of the sweater. You then styled your hair with your favorite product and grabbed your bookbag along with your phone. You slipped a pair of boots on your Walking out of your room, you waved by to your parents and began to walk to school. You were focused on your phone, reading the flashcards of your physics formulas and concepts to prepare for your test. You finally saw the front of the familiar high school and rushed inside. The halls were packed with people, many new faces and many familiar ones scattered amongst them. Slipping by the crowds, you made your way to the Blue and Gold room.

"I hate crowds and I hate people, so why the fuck-" You began, turning to see Betty, Veronica, and Kevin all with Jughead and a pink-haired female you hadn't met before. "Uhm, sorry. I'll go," You began until Jughead spoke to you.

"(Y/N), don't go. They're my friends and so are you."

You sighed and reluctantly sat down, sitting in the chair farthest from the rest of the group. "My name is Toni," you looked up and saw the pink haired girl giving you a slight wave.

"I'm (Y/N), nice to meet you." You kindly responded, waving back at her. Looking back down at your phone, you sighed at the amount of content you still needed to review and tapped your foot on the floor anxiously.

"Could you stop that?" You felt yourself blush at the harsh command from Veronica and stopped tapping your foot. Putting your phone in your pocket you stood up, turning to Jughead.

"People just aren't my thing, Juggie. I'll be in the physics room if you need me." Turning on your heel, you moved swiftly out of the room, retreating to the physics room. You took out your notebook and began to doodle, trying to calm yourself down. Your physics teacher entered the room and welcomed in some of the new students, gesturing for them to take their seats.

The tests were still handed out, him using the test as a baseline for the new students. You finished quite early and you handed your test in, taking the rest of the time to doodle in your notebook and review your latest chapter from AP chemistry.