Chapter *54*

AUTHORS NOTE BELOW

I was really getting confused because she was looking right at Tyrie. My Tyrie. How does she know my man?

I turned to him with my eyebrows raised.

"Who is you? Are you you? Or am I you? Wait now I'm confused."

I heard her snickering trying to be cute, but she wasn't my issue. How does this girl know him if we just moved here. Also why the fuck is she staring at him like he's a piece of meat?

"Tyrie?" I called softly.

"Hmm baby?"

"I know you heard me when I asked how this woman knows you."

He looked at me then glanced at her. She was standing there with her arms crossed like she was waiting on him to speak up for her. She is starting to piss me off just a tad.

He pulled my arm until we were a little farther away, so she couldn't hear.

"Pretty girl don't act like that. You know I'm not like that."

I shrugged and picked at my nails. "I don't know anything. I just asked a simple question."

"If I tell you don't laugh and don't be petty."

I put my hand over my heart. "Scout's honor."

He shook his head at me. We both know I was never a scout.

"She's the crazy lady that wouldn't leave me alone in Walmart."

My mouth dropped so quick my jaw started to hurt. I was baffled.

"The one who wanted you to ask for her name and followed around the store?!"

"Shh. Girl keep it down I don't want her to think we are talking about her. Yes she is the desperate lady that wouldn't take a hint."

"Oh." I looked her up and down and tried not to roll my eyes. She was trying to be petty and shit when she was the one being desperate for a man she barely knew. Pathetic.

"Are we okay now?" He asks.

"Yea we're good. Gimme kiss." I puckered my lips and waited for my kiss. Afterward, I turned back to the tour guide with a bright smile.

Tyrie leaned down to whisper in my ear. "Don't do no petty shit ma. I would hate to snatch you up on our first day out here." I just smiled and patted his cheek to let him know I'm cool.

I tuned back to Stephanie and gave her my full attention. I did not want to give her the idea that she caused us any issues. One way to give an irrelevant person a feeling of relevancy is to let them see that they bother you. I am positive that she does not bother me in the slightest.

She curled her lip at me in disgust. "You seem to be staring a little too hard. Is there a problem?"

I gave her best most genuine smile. "Not at all, actually my husband was just telling me that he had met you at the grocery store. Since you are a lot more comfortable around here I was hoping that we could maybe be friends. I don't have many girlfriends and you are so pretty so I thought I would ask."

"Wait I'm confused you want to be my friend?" She looked at me in disbelief. I don't see why we couldn't be friends.

"Yes you seem nice and I need more friends. Is there a reason why we shouldn't be?" I smiled still and saw her eyes follow my hand when I held Tyrie's hand.

She smirked and shook her head. "Not at all. By any chance, would your little boo want to be my close friend too?"

"He on the other hand has enough friends. Sorry maybe next time sweetie." I pulled him away from where she was standing and let her watch us. College is already starting to feel like high school.