Chapter 9

"By the way, Sabito, do you know where Tomioka-san is?" I asked Sabito while helping him set futons down.

I couldn't catch Kanae since she has learned Full Concentration mode and kept hugging Makomo herself. So I gave up and decided to help Sabito set futons.

There are only four futons so two of us has to share one futon. I don't think Kanae will let go of Makomo for a while so they will share the futon.

Urokodaki told Kanae to let go of Makomo so he could train Makomo but Kanae didn't let go. So I told her to train with Makomo. Kanae didn't want at first but let go at some point.

"I don't know. We went different ways in the beginning." Sabito answered me.

"I see." I said and set the last futon down.

After setting the last futon, I went back to the place where the boulder was. What I saw was kind of amusing. Urokodaki was running away from Kanae who wielded a wooden katana.

I saw Makomo staring at Kanae with admire and respect. She looks adorable when her eyes are sparkling.

"Oi. What happened here when we were gone?" Sabito asked them all.

"Kanae-san wanted to spar with Otousan and is winning." Makomo answered while watching Kanae chase Urokodaki.

Kukuku. As expected from my talented sister. Even a former Pillar can't win her easily.

Sabito got interested in Kanae's abilities and grabbed Makomo's wooden katana from her.

"Interesting. I'm joining this spar." he said and leaped in front of Kanae. 

Sabito and Kanae had their katanas pushing each other and were staring each other. One with interest and other confusion.

"Your sparring partner is me now." Sabito told Kanae.

Kanae kept her usual smile and did a low kick quickly. Sabito couldn't react to this and fell but pushed himself back up with his free hand and landed far from Kanae. 

"Heh. It takes more than that to make me fall!" Sabito shouted and lunged towards Kanae.

He fainted his attack and jumped to the side. Using the bamboo trees as a foothold, he jumped around the area and attacked Kanae. Kanae could easily follow Sabito's speed and deflected all the attacks.

Sabito changed his fighting style, seeing he couldn't beat Kanae in speed. He landed on the ground and lunged again towards Kanae. This time he tried to beat Kanae in power and technique.

While Sabito and Kanae were fighting, Urokodaki stood next to me and Makomo. He let out a sigh of relief as Kanae didn't chase him anymore.

"Was Nee-chan that terrifying when she chased you?" I asked Urokodaki with a grin.

"Your Oneesan is a prodigy, Shin. How did she get this strong so fast?" Urokodaki asked curiously.

"Hard work and talent. With the Full Concentration mode, I taught her, she got much stronger." I answered with a grin.

"Hoho? Does that mean you are stronger than her?" he asked me.

I shook my head and didn't say anything. Kanae is stronger than me but if we used our breathing techniques I could maybe be her equal. Moving at the speed of lightning is overpowered after all. That is if you know how to use it.

Urokodaki didn't say anything anymore and we continued to watch the spar. But it had already ended in Kanae's victory. Sabito was laying on his back breathing heavily and Kanae's katana was pointing at his neck.