Chapter 21

"What happened? Why are you looking so glum?" Ashar asked sitting in front of me.

Silently nodding to his question I took my hair clutcher from the bedside table and was about to put it on my hair when he took the clutcher from my hand.

"Ashar, give it back!"

"Nope, what's the need to tie your hair?"

"Because it's bothering me" I said trying to take my clutcher back from him.

"Nope, tell me what exactly is bothering you?" He asked again.

"Nothing" I said.

"Laiba..."

"Shahid and Laila are throwing a party for their upcoming marriage anniversary and they have invited us. It's kind of an "Only Adult Party" where no children's allowed but not that kind of party and I've already told them that you're not a party person and we won't be coming but still they kind of forced me and now I don't know!!"

"When's the party?" He asked looking at me.

"What's the need Ashar?"

"Laiba..."

"Saturday"

"Okay, we'll go!"

"Yes, that's what I told them, wait, What?!!" I looked at him and he was giving me a lopsided grin.

"Why do you look so shocked? It's been ages since I've met all of them so why not?" He said ruffling my hair and got up from the bed "and moreover I know very well how much you want to go!" I didn't know what to say so I just looked at him but before he could go I caught his hand.

"Thank you" I smiled.

"Do you remember what did I told you when you gave birth to Shezan?" He asked kneeling down beside the bed keeping his right hand on top of my hand.

"You made me promise that I shall never say thank you to you because there's nothing in this world that you can do or give me which will surpass me giving birth to our Shezan. So, from now on whatever you'll do even if it means fulfilling my dream still it won't stand a chance against to what I gave you and by making me smile and giving me those little little happiness by fulfilling my little wishes is your way of saying thank you. And, I can never understand this logic of yours so it's better for me that I promise you and I promised you...."

By the time I finished I was already in tears which was now converted into loud sobs.

"Laiba-" he made an attempt to wipe away my tears but I just wrapped my arms around his neck burying my face in the crook of his neck. Rubbing my back he kept on whispering soothing words. "I'm sorry Ashar. So, so, sorry...." I couldn't even describe the amount of self loathing I felt.

"Laiba, stop apologizing. It was all in the past. You are here with me now and that's all it matters." He whispered and pulled away slightly so that he can look at me. Still sobbing, I was looking down when he placed his lips on my forehead making my heart go thump...!

Staring at myself in the mirror, I couldn't help but smile. In fact, I've been smiling a lot lately, sometimes I even get weird stares from the passers by. Shaking my head at my foolishness, I adjusted my top.

"Someone's in a good mood!" Jess commented keeping her left hand on my right shoulder.

"Actually, someone is always in a good mood, lately!" Laila peeked up from behind, keeping her right hand on my left shoulder. Ducking my head, underneath their hold, I rolled my eyes.

"Correction, she's actually beaming today!" Laila winked

"Why shouldn't she? After all her lover boy will spending his evening, here, in this house!" Jess gave a sly smile.