Chapter Eleven: I Wanna Help You

"Get out of the car, Alex!" He shouted again and hit the car with his fist. I flinched and quickly hit the lock button on the door. He looked even more angry.

I turned the key causing the car to turn on and looked at Greyson apologetically.

'Sorry,' I mouthed through the window and hit the gas pedal. The car lurched forward as Greyson fell backward. I watched through the mirror as Greyson watched the car with sad yet angry eyes. I continued driving.

I eventually stopped at the park. I unlocked the door and laid my head on the steering wheel. Tears blurred my vision, but I wasn't going to let them not fall. Once one escaped, so did the rest. I couldn't even hear the music over my sobbing.

"I wanna go home. I wanna go home," I sobbed to no one in particular.

Truth was, I didn't want to be heartless. It was kind of just a defense. I'm a completely different person alone. I didn't like this person, but I don't know what else to do. What can I do?

I'm not a badass. I just can't control my anger. I'm not rude. I just envy those who really get a good taste of what it feels like to be loved. I guess I'm just mean to everyone for reasons that can only be justified as psychotic rage.

I missed my mom, my dad, my brother. I missed our old yellow lab, Butch. Mostly, I missed not caring. I miss getting up every morning and running out of the house because I spent to long playing on my Nintendo. I missed the life I used to have.

I wonder how my brother is doing? Does he still go hunting with dad? Is he still trying to make Maysa Frard fall in love with him. He'd be turning sixteen this year. Is his hair still as brown as his eyes or did they change to the hazely color like my dad's?

What about my mom? Are her green eyes still filled with joy? Did she have another child? Is she okay without me?

And my dad? Is he still complaining to my brother about giving him grey hair? Is he still the loud man that I left behind?

Thoughts swirled in my head as tears trailed down my cheeks. My throat burned, and my chest hurt. I was so absorbed in my own grief that I barely noticed the sparks on my back.

I breathed heavily knowing who it was, but it wasn't from anger. I was simply trying to calm down.

"You broke into my car. Go away," I managed to get out through my heavy breathing. I used my sleeve to wipe the bottom of my eyes where my makeup was surely smeared.

"No. You need to hear this. Please, just let me talk. Please," Greyson begged. I wanted to say no, but couldn't find the will power.

I just continued to breathe heavily and occasionally let a tear or two slip. I didn't pick my head up off the steering wheel, though.

"I'm a bastard, okay? I get it. I deserve to rot in hell for what I did. I didn't know what happened to you. I thought you were just that way because you wanted to give me a hard time. Karissa about killed me after school today. She literally held a gun to my head unless I talked to her," he said. I couldn't help but chuckle. Of course she would.

"She told me about Liam," he said angrily. I could tell it angered him by the way his hand had more pressure on my back as he rubbed it. "I haven't rejected you for a reason, not that I would think about doing so in the first place. Liam is insane if he didn't see what was in front of him. But, I can't say much because I couldn't see it either until now. You aren't supposed to be this way. You were given to me because this isn't you, and I'm gonna change that. We are meant to make each other better," he stated sincerely. I picked my head up off the wheel and turned to look at Greyson.

"Why do you do this?" I asked as I wiped my eyes with my sleeve. He glared out the window and continued rubbing his hand up and down my back.

"My mom and Riley's mom are two different people. My mom was in the wrong place at the wrong time. She was driving home from work. Some asshole thought it would be cool to drink and drive," Greyson said quietly. I watched as his jaw tightened and his eyes were glassy. "It was a head on collision. She died instantly. I only know her name. She died when I was about eight months old," he finished as he clenched his jaw.

"You were scared I was too weak to protect myself?" I said understanding why he made me move immediately and why he didn't defend me. He wanted me to get stronger on my own. He didn't want me leaving him.

"My dad and mo-I mean Amy, Riley's mom, had been friends since they were in grade school. It wasn't a surprise to a lot of people that they ended up falling in love and raising me. Just because Amy and I aren't blood related doesn't make us family. She was there for me when my dad wasn't a lot of times. She'll always be my mom," he explained quietly. I sat up and placed a small kiss on his cheek.

"It's okay-"

"No, Alex. It's not. I'm taking out my anger on you, and I'm not supposed to do that. I'm not done yet. I still owe you answers," he interrupted. I didn't answer, instead I just let him talk. "I used to hate Riley. I hated that he had a real mom. It took a while before mom had to sit down and talk to me about it. I guess I still kind of envy him, but I just don't know how to handle it all. And when I saw you with what's-his-face today I was about ready to kill him. That was when Karissa pulled me out and held me at gun point. She explained why you left and how you completely changed everything. I want to help you." I watched his grey eyes as they stared at my blue ones. His jaw remained clenched, and his voice seemed strained. I reached up and put my hand on his cheek.

"You need help, too."
----
Sorry this is like short, but I didn't actually know what else to write. Next chapter will be long though.

I was gonna add another part but i was like nah. It'll just ruin the whole effect. SOOo yeah.

Happy halloween btw!🎃🙌

Okay so like would you rather the next chapter be a Riley and Alex chapter or Andrew, Xavier, Brennan, and Alex chapter???

Okay and lately I've been on this while depressing streak. This boy that led me on for so long like hasn't said a word to me and we talked like all the time. Idk how to even say hello now. And my friends like aren't friends. It's hard to explain but we barely share a friendship. I feel extremely alone so sorry if I don't update quickly.

Okay and please vote on this chapter and the last one! Thanks!!❤️