XXXIV.

"before we all walk through these doors, let's get on the same page, shall we?" klaus glanced between stefan, damon, and bonnie

"before we all walk through these doors, let's get on the same page, shall we?" klaus glanced between stefan, damon, and bonnie. "i was the one who created your vampire bloodline, therefore, i am responsible for your lives, tyler's life, caroline's life and, of course, abby's and miss odessa's life should anything go wrong." his eyes landed on bonnie at the last two names he stated.

"or you're just lying to save your ass." damon countered back to the hybrid with a quirked eyebrow.

"i'm not lying," klaus grinned in response despite the worry that grew the longer jocelyn recited inside the school with alaric. "but go ahead. call my bluff. let the teacher kill me, you'll all be dead soon thereafter."

"let's just get this over with. shall we?" stefan cut off the bickering between his brother and klaus before it could go any further.

bonnie took a hold of klaus' arm before he could follow after the salvatore's. jeremy who was seated on the picnic table looked at the witch's action with furrowed brows.

"she's only in there because he wants you. you do know that, right? every time she's been in danger, it's because of you." bonnie said, a glare forming on her lips.

"i'd have to disagree." klaus held his hands behind his back, seemingly unbothered by the witch. "you see, miss odessa has always followed that allure, bonnie. it's always been inevitable for her to be a magnet for the dark side, for it does live in her as well. if you cross me, do you truly believe she'll forgive you for it?"

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"it's me."

caroline relaxed at the sound of the hybrid's voice. she'd ran out of alaric's classroom, leaving both elena and an unconscious jocelyn with the newly turned just moments prior. klaus removed his hand from her mouth, seeing the vervain burns where his hand had been slowly heal in front of his eyes.

"jocelyn, you have to go get her. alaric, he—"

"what did he do?" klaus cut her off quickly, a glare beginning to form at the thought of the heretic being hurt at the hands of alaric.

"that herb her grams made. he's using it on her. she's been unconscious for at least a couple hours. you have to save them. i'm scared alaric might make elena— he'll make elena kill her or he'll do it himself." caroline rushed out. she saw the way klaus' face visibly dropped at her words as if realization was finally hitting him. "go, klaus. now."

klaus sent her a nod before he disappeared down the halls. alaric's classroom came into sight. he listened into the room, a familiar whimper being the sound he caught onto immediately.

"miss odessa," klaus spoke softly, take a hold of the girl's face. her eyes were fluttering open, incomprehensible words falling from her lips. he quickly pulled the rag from around her head, dropping it to the ground. "you've got to wake up, love. come on."