24. CROSSFIRE

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
[CROSSFIRE]

"Happy birthday!" Molly says excitedly, before embracing Bonnie in a big hug

Bonnie returns it, and as Molly looks around, she sees the Salvatore house covered in banners and ribbons. Molly turns back to Bonnie confusedly. "I thought this was a low-key thing?" She says.

"Me too." Bonnie inhales sharply. "Caroline's idea."

"I'm not surprised." Molly says, she walks into the living room to see Caroline on a ladder hanging up a banner over the fireplace.

It had been four days since the full moon, Molly had spent those days letting her body heal and recover. She hadn't seen or heard from Kai since then— he hadn't been returning her calls, and no one knew where he was.

The curse still lingered in her body, but she felt significantly different.

Caroline glances at Molly. "Hi." She smiles, then points at the table. "Could you hand me the tape?"

Molly reaches forward and gives the tape to Caroline. "What's going on?" She asks.

"I'm throwing a party." Caroline smiles.

Molly glances at Bonnie and she shrugs. "Like a party party?"

"Yes, a party party." Caroline scoffs. "I invited like pretty much all the frats from school."

"Oh." Bonnie says, raising her eyebrows.

Molly holds in her laughter, and as it dies down, she sits down on the couch. "Do you think a huge party is the best idea right now? With like everything going on?" She asks.

"Yes." Caroline says, climbing down from the ladder and examining the banner. "We deserve to party every once in a while."

"I ordered the kegs!" Elena says, walking in from the kitchen. "Hi, Molly." She smiles at her, and Molly returns it. "Did Caroline tell you about that Sigma Nu guy?"

Molly narrows her eyebrows at her. "What Sigma Nu guy?"
Bonnie and Elena hold in their laughter and Molly widens her eyes. "What Sigma Nu guy?!" Molly repeats.

"Well." Caroline begins. "This guy Dakota in my econ class told me he thought you were really cute— and he's coming tonight and—"

"Please tell me you're not trying to set me up with another frat boy." Molly sighs. Bonnie and Elena begin to laugh.

"This one's different!" Caroline says. "I've only talked to him like once but he's different. And he's really cute. Like really cute."