Change of Plans

Two days after the wedding, Rebecca woke up feeling the excitement for the date night. Vincent had spent the day before dropping hints that did nothing to help her figure out what he had planned. The place was somewhere they had been before but only once. They would be eating but not a meal and the dress he had bought her that would hug her pregnant stomach, which he seemed to love, was not the "normal attire" for where they were going but he knew she would look beautiful in it so he bought it for her.

"Kert will drop you off to meet me later," Vincent told her as he sat on the side of the bed. He had brought her breakfast in bed and they had laid in bed after until he got up to make her a sandwich for lunch before getting ready to leave. "I want you to spend the rest of day relaxing," he gave her a pointed look. He knew that she had been restless lately and was always trying to find something to keep herself busy when she wasn't working or spending time with her. His mother had asked her if she was tired the last time they went to his parents for dinner which led to him to search about pregnancy which then led to him buying books. In his reading, he had found out that pregnant women, especially with twins, needed rest. Rebecca laughed at his serious face.

"Yes sir," she saluted him mockingly.

"I mean it. I don't want you pushing yourself. The nursery is finished, the maid will be here later to clean and it's your day off. You have nothing to do but rest, feed you and our children and meet me for our date later. Got it?" He pulled the bedding around her.

"Are you tucking me in?" She raised her brows at him. He shrugged. "My big bad mafia man is adorable," she laughed. Vincent leaned his head to her stomach.

"Your mother is weird," he whispered. Rebecca gasped and slapped the bad of his head. He whipped his head up to glare playfully at her. No one in their right mind would dream of hitting the future capo. No one except Rebecca and that was why he loved her. Even when she found out he was part of the Mafia, she was never afraid of him. She may have been afraid when Enzo was after her and she was definitely afraid of what danger his lifestyle could bring to their children. But not him personally. She knew he would never hurt her. She put her faith in him completely. Maybe that was what his mother was talking about? She would make a perfect queen he was sure of it. He suddenly couldn't wait until there date. "I have to go to work," he sighed. He kissed her stomach then moved to her face. "I love you," he rubbed her stomach, "all of you." He kissed her and stood up, "I will see you tonight." He gave her the smile that he always noticed got her a little weak before turning and leaving.

Vincent went straight to his father's office when he got there. He didn't have time to stop and speak to his mother and sisters today. There was a threat that needed to be taken care of once and for all so he could focus on Rebecca and the babies.

"Have we found Chakovsky yet?" He barked as he walked through the door. Domenico was the only one in the office beside Francesco.

"No," Domenico bit the word, "But we need to hurry up so I can take my wife on a damn honeymoon. She hasn't stopped asking since the wedding night and let me tell you her nagging is not a big turn on," he sighed and flopped on the couch. Francesco laughed but stopped when he heard Vincent growl.

"What is it, Figlio?" Vincent could hear the concern in his voice. He walked to the chair in front of his father's desk and sat. Francesco had gotten out of the hospital just three days before Domenico and Rosalina's wedding. He looked good but Vincent worried that he was back to working too early. Laying his burdens on him wouldn't help him. "Vince," Francesco's voice was firm causing Vincent to look at him. "I am not just your Capo, I am your Padre. Tell me what is bothering you."

"I just want this to be over already," he ran his fingers through his hair. "I need to focus on Rebecca and the babies. And taking over the family. You were shot I want to get our revenge and make sure both families are safe." Vincent could hear the anger that he was feeling coming through in his voice. He would need to get rid of that before he got to his date with Rebecca. He never wanted to bring his anger home with him. He would not do that to her or their children. He vowed it to himself at the moment. He would cherish the calm she provided him and never take out his frustrations on her.

"We need to draw him out somehow," Francesco stated. Vincent looked up at his father and nodded. "Do you think that Melina still wants you?" Vincent shook his head with a serious look on his face.

"No. I won't do anything that has to do with calling her and making her think I want her. That's a good way to have Rebecca find out and think I am cheating. Not. Happening," he stood up and started pacing.

"Calm down, Figlio," Francesco held his hands up in surrender. "What is your plan?" Vincent stopped pacing and looked at him. "If you don't have any better plan than you will have to do this." Vincent sat back in his chair with a huff. He placed his elbows on his knees and held his head in his hands. "You don't have to make the call now. Tell Rebecca what your planning to do that will save you the heartache later," he shrugged.

"I don't want her in any of my business dealings," Vincent said looking at his feet still. Francesco laughed loudly causing Vincent to lift his head to look at his father with a questioning look.

"You do plan to marry her right?" Vincent nodded his answer. Francesco continued to chuckle, "good luck keeping her out of the family business in some way then." Francesco took a breath and held his head. Vincent knew that his father was too stubborn to admit it but he was still hurting.

"Maybe you should rest, Padre," he suggested. Francesco nodded shocking both Vincent and Domenico who looked at one another silently wondering if he was okay as he was telling everyone.

"You're right. Your mother will have dinner ready soon. I should get ready," he stood up slowly. Vincent stood also in case he needed to rush to help him. He was relieved when he didn't have to. "I will see you both, tomorrow. Make sure to say goodbye to the women before you leave or I will never hear the end of it from your mother," he told them before heading toward the door.

When he was gone, Domenico turned to look at Vincent. "We are going to find him, right?" Vincent sighed and sat down in his chair once again.

"I hope so. My children can't be born into this. I know something will happen again but, this just feels different. Maybe if Rebecca and I were already married and the twins were here," he shrugged.

"We should have killed him the first day he was here demanding you marry his whore of a daughter," Domenico practically shouted. Vincent nodded in agreement. He had regretted letting him walk out alive every day since they had declared war.

"Agreed. Chaykovsky is smarter than I thought he was. This is all my fault," he hung his head.

"There is no fault to be passed out, cousin. Now of us expected this and now we just have to learn from this and do something about it," Domenico placed a hand on Vincent's shoulder. He stood up and looked his cousin in the eye before nodding.

"I will kill him this time," he ground out. Domenico smiled.

"That's what I want to hear. I didn't want to say anything, mostly because Ros threatened to cut off my balls if I did, but you have changed since you met Rebecca. Don't get me wrong I love the women and she obviously makes you happy but you have been slightly distracted." Vincent nodded.

"I know. It's this stupid proposal. After tonight, as long as she says yes, I will be past it and focused more." He placed a hand on his cousin's shoulder, "thank you for being my back up for so long. I look forward to running this family with you." They smiled at each other before bro hugging. When they separated, the door flew open. Vincent turned to find Gio and Ant standing in the doorway with looks he couldn't quite pinpoint. Fear? Worry? Panic?.... Panic, "Shit. What happened now?" Vincent threw his arms in the air. "Tonight, of all nights? Of course," he looked from Ant to Gio and back waiting for one of them to tell him. They looked at each other than back to him.

"Brother," Gio started. He took and breath while looking at Ant then the floor.

"Get on with it."

"You must stay calm and level headed so we can think this through, okay?" He took another deep breath as his brother glared at him. He felt a lump forming in his throat. "Rebecca," he watched Vincent's face contort. "She's been taken," he hurried out. 

Hey, look at this! I got another chapter out! *Cue happy dance. My hand has been feeling a little better since I let it rest for a couple of days. This is pretty short but it is a filler chapter kind of to set up the excitement! Stay tuned and don't forget to vote and comment. Let me know if you expected Rebecca to be taken or if you thought the date was going to actually happen.