𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟼: 𝚆𝚎𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙵𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜

"Seven?" One called out quietly through the portal as she cautiously peered into the room before her

After seeing that boy in the hallway the week previous she had been determined to see him again. Through loneliness or something else, it was hard to say, but all week she had been trying to summon a portal to him. And at last it had worked.

She wasn't quite sure what she'd find since the last time she summoned a portal to someone instead of someplace it was in the future, but she had been determined to try nonetheless. She had focused on him in that hallway. In the Lab. In the now.

"Who are you?" a small voice answered back. It sounded like the voice she had heard that time she opened a portal to Papa. The strange accent resonated in her memories. She had been right, she had met Seven before.

"My name is One," One responded. "I saw you passing in the hallway last week."

"I remember you," Seven said after a few moments of thought. The two stared curiously at each other for a few moments before Seven spoke again. "So you can open portals? That's your power?"

"Yes, what's yours?" One asked eagerly. The moment she asked, a weird feeling began to creep up her spine and suddenly she found herself climbing through the portal and into Seven's room. Why had she done that? What if someone came in and found her? She turned to go back through the portal but was surprised to find that she had closed it. She didn't even remember doing it...

"That's my power," Seven said once One's bewildered eyes once again met his. He wiped a streak of blood from his nose.

"You...you made me do that?" One took a step back from Seven as he slowly nodded his head. A shiver shot up her spine and for a second she was scared that it was from him controlling her again. Could she trust this boy?

"Sorry, I don't mean to frighten you," Seven said after noticing her discomfort. "I promise I won't do it again."

A long breath exhaled from One's nose as she cautiously reclaimed the step she had taken backwards. He sounded sincere enough but something lurked in his eyes, something that she couldn't quite pinpoint. She decided to afford him some trust, but she would still remain on guard.