CH 19// The Drive back to hell

"CHARLIE!" David shouted. He slammed the door behind him and stormed his way right up to the boy. Charlie went wide eyed and grew pale. Alex was equally alarmed. who was this angry man yelling at his best friend like this? David pointed to his truck. "Inside, now!" He said through gritted teeth. Charlie immidiatly obeyed like a scolded puppy and went over to the truck. He put his hand on the handle of the door when Alex spoke up.

"Charlie, who is this?" He demanded. David looked at him with a scowled exression.

"I am his Father, and I suggest you stay out of other peoples buisness!" He growled. He then turned his attention back to Charlie who was looking at Alex worried. "Get in!" He yelled. Charlie flinched and quickly opened the door. He sat in his seat and looked down at his lap as he waited to be brought back home. David climbed into the drivers seat and sped down the road. Alex watched them go with a stunned expresion. This could not be good.

Charlies Dad was silent the whole drive home. His hands gripped onto the steering wheel so firmly that his knuckles were white. The car dinged  at them, telling them to buckle up. But Charlie didn't budge. Maybe they would crash and he would go through the window. Then he would be with his mother again.

****

Alex waited until the truck was completly out of view to pull out his phone. He had to make a call.
The phone rang only once before he got an answer.

"911 whats your emergency?"

"Yes..my friend is in danger..."