32 / closer

* warning: a few smut scenes ahead!*

"He has to give up somehow," Quinn suddenly blurted out, making me look at her in confusion from the lecture notes Hilary had given me these past few days. Whilst my sister and Arisa had already been released last week, I was still at the hospital, asking my doctor's question every day about her love life which seemed to be dull at the moment because of her deadly schedules.

"What'd yah mean?" I asked, putting back my attention to the notes.

My sister slammed her hand on the bed table. "Prom night is coming next week. And you have to get out of this place."

"And?"

She rolled her eyes from my uninterested response. "I think Jet has given up already. I mean, everybody is looking for his flat ass and he doesn't have his whiny Daddy to back him up anymore. His whole brigade is already down to nothing so it's safer now for you to go to prom night with me. But I think your Mom is extending your stay in here because the whole place is already secured."

I raised my brow at her. "Why are you so eager to go to prom anyway? This is not you."

"Well, yeah," she shrugged in agreement. "But this is Risa. And you know that I can't dance. It requires a lot of movement and skin to skin agenda."

"I'm sure your girl would understand that dancing is beyond your psychotic skills." I laughed at my choice of words, causing my sister to glare at me.

"Haha! You're so funny. Look, I need you there. After everything we've been through, we need to slack off and have fun. Real fun! And this," she emphasized, pointing her finger at the notes. "This need to be put aside."

I shook my head in disagreement. "No! I'm not going to prom. I'm gonna study because studying is more important to me."

Quinn deeply sighed. "But what about Hilary? If you're not going, I'm sure that she'll stay by your side. Are you going to ruin the most intimate event of her high school life?"

Staring at my sister, I gave it some thought. I wanted Hilary to go to the prom without me but Quinn was right. She wouldn't go for sure if I refuse to attend the prom. Here I was, studying to win against our deal be the top for my own good. But I haven't really thought about my girlfriend's needs.

After a few seconds battling with my mind, I set aside the notes one by one and looked at my sister. "You're right! I'm such a jerk! I'll talk to her about it."

"Yes!" Quinn was ecstatic which was really suspicious. She never liked parties before but given that Arisa is crazy about those things, maybe it was rubbing on her already.

A knock from the door shifted our attention. Quinn stood up and opened the door for my unexpected visitor. Fortunately, the doctor already put the ECG machine off me because, during this moment, it felt like I was having a heart attack.

Hilary's father stood between the frame of my hospital room. He gave Quinn a warm smile before he shifted his eyes at me. They were burning through my head. Or was I just imagining things?

"Uhmm, I'm gonna go now. I forgot to buy some spices for my biryani so excuse me, have a pleasant day ahead," Quinn said before she rushed out without even looking at my panic state.

Hilary's father cleared his throat, making me jump slightly. All my body woke up and I had no choice but to get this over with. He was important for Hilary so no matter what he needed from me, I must face them with respect. I just wished that he wouldn't break us apart though.