Chapter 12

Ellie; 

Today is Friday. Friday is the first lacrosse game. And I'm more nervous for this than I was when moving here and more nervous than I was on the first day of school. Why? Well Laurens potentially empty threat is factoring in on it although Billie keeps assuring me that nothing will happen. Yeah alright are you a fortune teller? No, so sit down.

But I left Study Block because well one; Kelsey, Mav and Connor were annoying me with all their comments about tonight and two Billie was M.I.A, nowhere to be seen and I haven't seen her since lunch. So I opted for wondering the halls to take my mind off things.

Nearing the music room I heard piano and some damn angelic music playing. Recognising the song being sung was 'Stay' by Rihanna I fastened my pace to see who was singing. But what shocked me the most was the person singing.

Billie. As in Billie, Billie. Like my Billie, well not mine... but Billie? She sings? Why didn't she ever tell me? How have I not noticed with all our trips in the car. But then again, all those songs are rap or nostalgic songs that we scream, not really songs that give her the opportunity to sing.

Instead of standing at the door like a creep watching her serenade my ears with her beautiful singing I opened the door quietly and tried tip toeing towards her. Billie still hasn't noticed me yet as her eyes were closed while she was carried away with the song. But that soon ended when I tripped on a chord, causing it to move, pulling a symbol onto the ground with a crash. Ha! No pun intended there.

"Eleanor if you wanted to watch me sing you didn't have to make a grand entrance baby" she stopped playing and smirked at me.

"Yeah no cool, I'm all good thanks for asking Bil" I got off the floor and made my way over to her. Billie slid on the stool to make room for me and I sat down next to her.

"I didn't know you played the piano, let alone sing"

"There's a lot you don't know about me Eleanor, and I play more than the piano and sing. I play guitar and ukulele; I write some songs too"

"You write songs too? Please play one for me!"

I'm shocked but at the same time not because Billie has a beautiful voice from the snippet I just heard and there's no doubt her songs are just as angelic.

"Fine, this is one that Fin and I wrote together" she started playing the piano and all I could do was get drowned in her presence. She's so captivating when she sings, and no note is ever off pitch.

The song ended and I leaned my head against her shoulder "that was the most gorgeous song I've ever heard"

"Thank you" she mumbled quietly. I looked up and Billie's face had a burning blush. Finally! I made her blush.