~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂-𝓞𝓷𝓮 ~

Chapter Twenty- One: Quidditch

"Is this becoming a tradition?" Lina asked as Cedric picked up her trunk and led her to the compartment that would be theirs for the journey

"Next year Danny's doing it" Cedric replied as they walked through the compartment doors.

"Danny's doing what next year?" The man in question asked.

"Bringing Lina's trunk to the carriage, I swear it's gotten heavier."

Lina innocently shrugged and plopped herself down next to Lucy "I've got more stuff" she then let Demeter out of her cage who curled herself up on her owner's lap.

It had only been five days since the four had last seen each other but anyone who walked past their carriage would think they'd gone the whole holiday without each other, the way they laughed, talked and told stories about the things they missed, and for once Lina spent the entire trip time with them.

The four continued to talk and laugh as they left the train and as they got into the carriage that led them up to the castle, they only stopped talking once the new first years were started to be sorted into their houses.

Thirty new students were lead past the tables stopping before the teacher's table in front of the sorting hat, the poor souls looked just as terrified as Lina did this time last year. The sorting ceremony went the same as last year, the hat sang which earned thunderous applause when it had finished, one by one students were called and placed, Hufflepuff gained ten new students who once they sat down seemed to relax just a little.

Once the excitement and babble of new students died down Dumbledore stood up to give his welcome speech, nothing had changed from last year, the rules were still the same as was the reminder about quidditch trails, Lina perked up when she heard quidditch being mentioned.

"Are you going to try out?" Lucy asked Lina whispering.

"I think so, I brought my broom with me just in case I have the nerve to try" the happenings haunted the back of her mind, she was terrified something would accidentally happen and someone would get hurt.

"You have to Eve, you'd make a brilliant chaser" Cedric cut in "I'm trying out for seeker, we can do it together." Lina wordlessly nodded.

As the back to school feast continued the four talked, Lina kept glancing around and every time she saw Tonks or any of the Weasley children she would wave furiously but then she looked up at the teachers table, directly at Professor Snape who glared at her with burning hate, Lina shuddered under his glare and turned back to the conversation she was previously having.

***

For the next two weeks, Lina wrestled with the idea of whether or not she should try out for the Hufflepuff Quidditch team, it wasn't until the day before the tryouts started that she finally decided and that was only because she had a little nudge.