mark & jeno ; imagine prt2

"shit shit shit" mark frantically hid behind a plant.

you picked up your phone from the table and looked at the text message. your throat got dry and your eyes slowly started to water.
it can't be true. mark sent you a message after all these years. after five years he's sent you a message about how he was doing. about how he was suffering. you are the cause of his suffering, it wasn't right.

"babe what's wrong?" you snapped back to reality where your husband, your two kids and your two other best friends stood in front of you.

"n-nothing" you sniffled and wiped your tears.

"are you sure?" jeno moved a piece of your hair out of your face.

"mhm" you hummed out and avoided his eyes.

————————

it's been a whole week since you've gotten a message or any notice from Mark. Mark's been living in a hotel near your house, and Jeno's starting to get a weird feeling about you. you haven't told him that Mark sent you a message of him basically confessing and how he's suffering. you hated it, knowing that mark is hurt but you also hated how you still had feelings for your best friend. you had an amazing husband who you love deeply but you're still in love with the guy that's been with you for eighteen years.

you weren't sure what your feelings were. you loved them both too much. you already have one suffering, you don't want to make the other suffer either. to be honest, you were scared. scared of what was going to happen to you and Jeno if you told him. what would happen to your two babies that you love to death. what would happen if you went out to go find mark. you knew that something terrible would happen. you just didn't know what.

"can you tell me what's wrong?" Jeno wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you close.

"did you drop the kids off at my sisters?" you looked up at him, he nodded.

"don't avoid my question" Jeno stated as he held onto your waist a bit tighter.

"it's nothing" you sighed, you placed your chin on his shoulder.

"would you please just tell me?" Jeno whined.

"fine" you heaved a sigh.

"earlier this week, I got a text message from mark. he confessed" Jeno tensed up.

"babe, he's suffering because of me" you looked at your husband in the eyes.

"what did he confess?" your husband's voice got quiet.

"his feelings" you looked away from him.

"what are your feelings?" Jeno dryly says, he loosens his grip on your waist.

"I don't know jeno" you quietly say.

"do you love him?" his voice cracked.

"I don't know" you mumble, Jeno pulled you closer to his body. your face was buried into his shirt as he held you close.

Jeno let out a sigh as you both stood there in the kitchen. Jeno knew the answer, it was obvious. he thought you two would make it forever, see your kids go through school together. see your kids get married together. but he knows you miss mark. that you still love mark after all these years. he wanted this one little moment with you, just as long as he could you hold you. until he had to let you go.