Chapter 6 - Cold Water

You didn’t even think of anything else to do, you just needed to get away from them. You ran down the beach, kicking up sand with each footstep. You really should’ve ran back to campus to get help but there was only one thing on your mind besides running.

Find Jungkook.

Thankfully, the familiar rock wall that lead you to the tide pools came closer as you ran. You dove through the large hold and continued running. You could hear the girls struggling to climb through the hole, so that bought you some time. 

When you came to the rock in the middle of the path, instead of going straight over it, you used it to get you on top of the rock wall that divided the sea from land.

You now had to avoid falling into the water or slipping and hurting yourself against the rock. You looked back to see the girls made it through the rock and were now coming after you.

You continued running down the rock wall, but didn’t notice that the wall turns and heads out to deeper water. But that didn’t matter, you had nowhere else to go. 

Now you had the ocean on both sides of you now, and the rocks grew higher. You were now pretty high up in the air with nowhere else to run to as the end of the rock wall neared.

You stopped running as you reached the end, trying to catch up. You turned back towards where the girls should be. They weren’t too far behind and they stopped right in front of you.

“Have fun swimming with your friends, Fishgirl!” And with that, she pushed you off the end of the rock wall.

You fell down the tall rocky cliff and plummeted into the cold ocean water. The saltwater stung your eyes as you tried to open them. Out of reflex for trying to catch your breath from running, you breathed in.

The water burned your lungs as to tried to cough it out, only to breathe in again to cough more. You struggled with choking on the water that you couldn’t focus on trying to get above water. You were really going to die like this.

Until you felt something warm wrap around the front you and pull you against them.