45. Sick

hey ladies n gentleman. (Gentleman bc im pretty sure there's only one of u )

Unedited.

—-

- Flashback -

"I'm gonna ask you one more time. What happened?"

"Mommy I fell. I promise." A five year old Farrah promised her newly adopted mother.

Her worst fear was that the painful secrets she kept would send her and her brother back into foster care.

Taylor, her new mother, had a different fear.

She examined the child's body, where between her legs were covered in bruises.

Taylor knew this was no fall, but she couldn't figure out what it was.

It pained her to see her child in such despair. It had been less than a year since adoption, and she already felt as if she was failing as a parent.

"Farrah...you know you can tell mommy anything."

Embarrassed, Farrah covered her face.

"Would you rather talk to-"

"No."

Taylor stepped back. Surely, her daughter could not have this hasty reaction to her husband. They got along fine..right?

She knew that George wasn't the best husband. But from what she saw, he was a good father.

They had a rocky marriage. Starting with a few screaming matches, and some nights spent on the couch..soon it was black eyes and nights spent at hotels.

But it was now finally, Taylor got the life she wanted. Two adopted children, for she could not bear her own...to her, having a father figure in her children's lives was worth her own suffering.

"Farrah...is there something you wanna tell me? I won't tell anyone. Not anybody." Taylor said to her daughter, now whispering.

"N-not even-"

"No one."

-present-

Farrah »

"So he did all that to you and you didn't tell your mom for weeks?"

"I was scared, Eden. Id only been living with her for a few moths.. I was mortified."

"Damn....I'm sorry."

"Don't be. It was hard to get over, but I've lived and I've learned. So have you, and so has Adonis."

"I guess you're right..it just don't feel like a learning experience. It feels like it hurts."

"That's part of it."

Adonis »

As I sat alone in my room, I reflected on the night.

Maybe I shouldn't have drunk so much.

Maybe I should've listened to Farrah.

Maybe I should've been nicer to Eden.