Chapter 13 - King's P.A (Pt 2)

Neiva was true to her word and showed up 5 minutes after we had hung up. As she greeted me, I noticed that she wore one of the brightest smiles I had ever seen. I haven't seen a smile like that since- Not the time. As she continued to approach me, I really looked at her, she looked like a classic P.A. White button up shirt tucked neatly into a knee length, black skirt. This women screamed business and perfection. From head to toe, I was jealous of the beauty of this woman who looked like she belonged on a runway.

I pushed my thoughts aside and plastered on my day on day smile. Just smile, politely give her the money and carry on with life. I chanted that is if it were a mantra. She soon approached me and stuck out her hand in a professional manner to which I gladly took.

"Hi you must be Ally Ross, I am Neiva, King Silas' P.A." Neiva said as she dropped our hands.

"That's me, anyway, here is the money." I say whilst pulling out the envelope full of unneeded money. I hate that some people think they can do as they please, King or not.

"Ah, thank you so much. It means quite a lot. Most people would take the money for themselves."

"Yeah, thank the lords I'm not most people then." I say smiling. I really liked being me, even if I had so much to carry.

"Anyway, I best be off then. Thank you Neiva." I start to turn around but stop when I hear her speak again.

"Wait! How about we go for a coffee? I am on my break right now." Neiva said with a nervous smile. Why we she be nervous?

"Um, sure. I would love to, but can my best friend join us? I was going to meet up with her."

"That's absolutely fine, the more the merrier. Just let me give this to the King and grab my stuff and we are ready to go." She said bouncing around on her toes.

"How about I met you at Rancho Chico cafe? Then you won't have to wait for me."

"Perfect. I'll see you there." And with that, she bounced away, literally bounced away.

***

Crossing and uncrossing my legs really annoys Cleo, to the point where she slaps you. How do I know this? I kept crossing and uncrossing my legs, kicking Cleo along with it. Even if I apologised, she would still give me a death glare.

I had no clue as to why I was nervous, I had already met Neiva, yet I was crossing my legs to the point where I am being slapped for it. I looked over at Cleo who was calmly sipping her cappuccino, waiting patiently for our guest to arrive.

Even though Neiva said she would be 5 minutes, she was still taking quite a long time. Maybe five minutes had gone past already. Maybe she isn't coming at all. Maybe she was just making fun of me, without me realising it. How could-

"-Sorry I am late, King Silas wanted to talk to me quickly." Someone said as they sat down in the chair across from me. I looked up to see who had sat down and came face to face with Neiva. She didn't stand us up.

"That's perfectly fine, I'm Cleo by the way." Cleo said as she stuck out her perfectly manicured hand. Neiva gladly took it.

"Glad to see you again Ally." Neiva turned to me and gave me a warm smile. It wasn't fake nor was it intimidating. She seemed genuinely interested in wanting some sort of friendship. Trust her.

The voice in my head was saying to trust her. As was my heart and gut. Maybe I could trust her. She won't hurt me like the rest right? With that thought plaguing around my mind, I sat up a little straighter and-

"-I'm glad to see you again too Neiva"

Howdie.

What do you think will happen next?

~Eloise❤️