Actions Have Their Consequences

Skillet - Hero

Just another family torn

(Falling from my faith today)

Just a step from the edge

Just another day in the world we live

A/N: A ''healthy'' amount of angst coming your way.

Pythor chittered in fear, staring at the beast's glowing eyes from within the pit. Wu turned his head to the group. ''You must do everything in your power to stop The Great Devourer. Go, ninja, go!'' He called out, Nya blasting off in her Samurai Suit. ''Yes!''

Lightning flashed and crackled in the skies above, the massive snake rising from the pit. The ninja backed away, attempting to remain out of sight, with Kai laying his hand on your shoulder as if to reassure you- or perhaps himself.

The Great Devourer lunged forward, and in the seconds that followed, the terrifying image of Pythor and Wu disappearing proved to be a moment you would not easily forget. Neither would it be something someone else would forget quickly, for that matter...

''Sensei,'' Kai mournfully whispered, staring at the spot where his mentor once was.

''No.'' Jay's hand reached out in despair. You felt the blood rush from your face when the giant snake looked your way. ''Oh, maybe if we stand perfectly still...'' Jay reasoned as the Devourer hissed.

''Whoever taught you that probably watched too many movies...'' Remo replied, frowning at the boy.

''Oh no, the instant ramen's been released! We need to go, NOW!'' You urged the group. Jay was the first to follow your command as he rushed away, the rest of the group following. You were able to wheel yourself away quite quickly, though Jay tripped when he was behind, screaming out.

''Wait! Wait for me!'' He hightailed with the Devourer behind him, the Destiny's Bounty ahead ready to escape.

''Fire up the engines,'' Nya commanded Lloyd who stared out the window. ''I said, fire up the engines!'' She finally got his attention, and the boy rushed to the monitor.

''There's no wind. And we only have reserved fuel.'' Lloyd replied in desperation.

''Use it.'' Nya urged. The ninja tumbled into the control room, with Jay once again being the last of the four. You wheeled in, clutching onto the table to prevent the wheelchair from sliding across the floorboards.

'It's too bad I can't control the wind at the moment...' As much as the voice's words surprised you, your face remained neutral for the sake of the situation.

''Uh, hate to tell you this, but objects in the mirror are closer than they appear!'' Jay's voice rose in pitch at the last word, pointing at the monitor as the Devourer approached, fast.

''Working on it. Blasters on full.'' Nya replied as the Bounty picked up its pace, just as the Devourer was about to bite the air where it just was.

''Whoo-hoo!'' Kai cheered, hopping down from the stool near the window. ''Take that, you stupid snake.''

You sucked in a breath as the Bounty turned, the Devourer breaking from the ground in front of the ship.

''Uh, I think it heard you.'' Ginja stared ahead. The Bounty swerved to avoid another hit from the GD.

Kai looked out the back window again, watching the Devourer behind the ship. ''Nya, we gotta go faster. That thing is gaining on us.'' Kai told his sister.